• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
The red eye proto with wizz pickups sounds better than the real one.. the real one doesnt sound very good at all imo..

With all due respect, that is complete bullshit. I’ve played hundreds of bursts, and Redeye is easily in the top five of the best sounding I’ve ever heard.

fretboarder

With all due respect, that is complete bullshit. I’ve played hundreds of bursts, and Redeye is easily in the top five of the best sounding I’ve ever heard.
ed posted two videos of the two guitars on his fb page back to back and asked if peeps could choose the real one, everyone thought the cc was the burst,, it sounded way better in that blindfold test..

ourmaninthenorth

Personally I've always had great difficulty comparing guitars, even more so when I'm in the same room as them and have them in my hands.

I think me ears are broken...

:hee

AA00475Bassman

Now this tread gets very interesting the Red eye posts have my interest , very subjective to say the least .
I find many points could be made about the opinions posted .

Triburst

Same here.

That said, once you're basically in the same territory for tone, I think it's about playability.

I've played guitars that almost play themselves, they're so easy; But I've also played guitars where I had to wrestle it for nearly every note.

sws1

This one appears to have just gone up for sale at Gruhn and immediately put on hold.

9 2070 - Not on Burst Serial (calling Julio)

https://guitars.com/inventory/eb689...kU1cxmwsWlAlWi38xlTq69vJ7V-w1fhfhYRwxuBvdKP2g

El Gringo

Same here.

That said, once you're basically in the same territory for tone, I think it's about playability.

I've played guitars that almost play themselves, they're so easy; But I've also played guitars where I had to wrestle it for nearly every note.
Sometimes the ones you have to wrestle are more fun because it's a challenge !

T.Allen

Here is the description:

[h=2]1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard[/h][FONT=&quot]We’re always excited at ECG when there’s a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard in the house, but we’re freaking out over this guitar! A Burst that not only has absolutely zero issues, but also plays, sounds and looks amazing! This guitar is 100% original and has been in a private collection for many years, so it’s relatively uncirculated and very clean. Visually, this is a stunning ’59. Still plenty of red in the burst, but nicely faded to an Iced Tea shade. The top is gorgeous; not mega-flamey, but with a beautiful unique grain pattern and three-dimensional flame evident as you turn the guitar from side to side.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But this is no case queen, it’s one you won’t want to put down. It has all of the best Burst features including a killer neck profile, and an ideal weight at 8 pounds 12 ounces. Before you even plug it in, you know you’re in for something special because it’s loud, resonant, and sustains beautifully acoustically. No matter where you are on the neck, notes ring out and bloom. Also, this guitar’s original pickups happen to be a pair of super rare double-white PAF’s that measure a perfect 8.15k in the neck and 8.25k in the bridge, for an ideally balanced sound. Plugged in, the tone is to die for. Super detailed and articulate with just the right amount of bottom end and an increasing throatiness as you turn it up, all the while retaining clarity across the frequency spectrum. You want provenance and back-story? This guitar has that too – please call us for more details and the cool story on this special piece![/FONT]