• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I don't think using "Frankenstein" to describe that top is a negative comment, it is a monster!

But that term [Frankenstein] implies a monster made of different parts.
It is easier to apply that term to Strat conglomerations. :)

deytookerjaabs

User probably picked the wrong price and meant to refer to the re-neck as a "Frankenstein" but maybe not.

Either way, it's OK Guitars. Any premium, to be argued among by others, if apparent comes with decades of reliable no-BS sales & responses where any issues brought to light are immediately addressed. That goes a long way when things get really freakin' expensive. Not your average "Vintage" dealer. I'm not in that game but if I was a lil' peace of mind goes a long way.

BoomGuru

Definitely did not mean to denegrate by using the Frankenstein label. I just read in the add the double refinish, reneck and some period correct parts... and the asking price.

Interesting to know how much an average players grade Burst will now sell for in 2020... there seems to have been significant growth in the vintage market in 2019... and guitar is dead apparently lol

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Definitely did not mean to denegrate by using the Frankenstein label. I just read in the add the double refinish, reneck and some period correct parts... and the asking price.

Interesting to know how much an average players grade Burst will now sell for in 2020... there seems to have been significant growth in the vintage market in 2019... and guitar is dead apparently lol

I either missed or forgot about this having a reneck. :hmm

OKGuitar

You are reading the wrong ad. Re-read the listing and correct your commentary. The guitar being discussed here is not re-necked.

AA00475Bassman

Players grade Burst ? Most of the players I know would be happy to own a R8 on the money they make !

Let me help you with the words you are searching for ! (I have no idea what Im talking about my commentary on this guitar is ridiculous )

BoomGuru

You are reading the wrong ad. Re-read the listing and correct your commentary. The guitar being discussed here is not re-necked.

I stand corrected - not a re-neck just a borrowed serial
number :salude

Last edited:

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Geddy Lee Burst just sold at Mecum's auction for around $260K.

marfen

This LP showed up online 3 days ago for sale. No connection to seller or guitar . 000_0007.jpg Posted on Kijiji.ca alberta. Seller indicates it's a reneck.

sws1

This LP showed up online 3 days ago for sale. No connection to seller or guitar . View attachment 11276 Posted on Kijiji.ca alberta. Seller indicates it's a reneck.

Looks like a re-worked historic to me. Alot of fake parts on it.
Seller is NOSGuitar, who also has some fake parts for sale on his site.

Yannick333

Hi everyone!

It's been too long. We are experiencing some strange days here in Belgium ('lockdown light'), but the good news is that I now have some free time on my hands. So here I am with a new post.

These two guitars were displayed at the Vintage Veenendaal guitar show last september. The dealer was 'real vintage-guitar'.

The first one was a 1959 nicknamed 'Paulette' and was refinished by Florian Jaeger (this guitar was already mentioned here before).

The second one was from 1958!

Stay healthy, stay safe and stay inside! :dude: