• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

Atomicmod

Did anyone see what the asking price on Redeye was, prior to Jason Isbell buying her?

deytookerjaabs

Interested to hear why you think that.

Well, the "Sweet Home Alabama" '73 Strat is 450k yet apparently doesn't have the pickups that were in it for the original recording?

I mean I get that it's one of the biggest singles ever and all, but damn, the Carter's effect is strong. If it were a family member selling it on Reverb people would seriously laugh at that price but because it's big deal vintage dealer...that's the right price.

Hell, they can move used modern stuff which you can find cheaper brand new in 10 seconds. Not criticizing, they get their asking prices, I'm just often impressed across the board at what folks pay.

Atomicmod

Interested to hear why you think that.

Several reasons: it’s an iconic Burst with a very storied history, for one. It’s also considered by many to be one of the best playing and sounding bursts in existence. For me, personally, it’s the most beautiful of all the bursts - I love the top and the way the sunburst finish has faded with the tag shadow and the small traces of dark cherry that barely still exist around the lower bout of the guitar. I love the way the flame disappears into what looks like the edge of a large knot right between the pups, on the bass side of the top. It also appears to be in stellar condition - virtually no wear anywhere on the body of the guitar. If I had my choice of any Burst that ever existed, Redeye would be my pick.

Bloodspoint

Nice top, but the modifications might not be to everyone's liking...

http://oliviasvintageguitars.com/gibson/guitars/6704/

I actually dig almost everything about it, and if it plays as good as it looks, the $80K asking price seems pretty reasonable.
The only part of it that bugs me a little is the shape of the headstock. Why? Otherwise, I dig the blend of Standard and Custom appointments.

On a slight tangent, those Strings N Things guys did some interesting stuff. A friend of mine, who is the brother of one of the luthiers who worked there and was the drummer in one of my bands, has/had an Explorer that had been modified for Dave Hlubek, with a Strat type tremolo. Had a brass nut and brass truss rod cover with Dave's name on it. It was a true one-off, custom kind of job. Very small cavity in the back with just one spring. I wish I had pics of that guitar. It was a lot of fun to play.

T.Allen

Few, if any, original parts, a highly modified neck...if you buy it, you better love it.

corpse

Not really with the degree of fuggery. Once someone starts putting PAF stickers on Pat No PUP's it makes me wonder what else has gone on. Why replace a board like that?
That is at least triple what that is worth. Charming top and nice refin but more like a $25K guitar and that might be high. In this situation PAF's would add much more than selling them separately. Add PAF's and this is a $35K guitar.
$80K is ridecelus.

fretboarder

The red eye proto with wizz pickups sounds better than the real one.. the real one doesnt sound very good at all imo..