• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

sws1

Yes it does. It's the one J.D. Simo played for the better part of a year on tour.:jim

Different guitar. The one JD played was already sold. This is a different one. Owner's personal stash. And yes, a replaced neck. (Unless you're saying he played 2 different '60s with replaced necks on tour.)

The one JD played was offered at the same price.
18d0ee_92c3a5fcae7d49efa402017c37d1b517.jpg

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Oops! Sorry! Thanks for the correction Scott!:yah

lpcustom69

Was at Lark St. yesterday, they’ve still got the ‘58. Buzzy said I could pass on that it’s still for sale, although he doesn’t seem especially eager to move it on.

Is there a picture? I couldn't find it on the site.

KR1

My Gawd.......

$550K (?)!

I started taking guitar lessons when i was about 7 or 8 years old (around 1964). My first instructor was a 20-something year-old guy who taught in a dusty attic a few miles down the road. Every time I was there (twice a month, I think), I would eye-up the brown, kinda flat looking guitar case in the corner of the room. One day he showed my his "new" Guitar. It was a Burst, a few years old but spotless. The brown case was even shiny. I sure as Hell didn't know what a Les Paul was but I'll never forget the Gibson name (he said it constantly) and the bright sunburst guitar.

Seven years later I start taking some lessons from one of my older brother's friends. All R&R, early Led Zep, Blue Cheer, Rory Gallagher, etc... He had two old cases: A Goldtop and big square case for the Firebird V. The Goldtop "cost him some real $Dough" ($600). I'll never forget that.

Half a $Mill.... Holy Shi-!

JJ Blair

$320k for Johnny Fever? Where's that facepalm emoji?

Knowing how much they have into it, somebody's being greedy, IMHO.

As to whether or not '59s are fetching over $300k, I've seen some excellent flame tops get over $400k recently. I don't know where the plain tops are starting, but the top dogs are moving for over 400.

Capitalism ... Water will seek its own level...and all that stuff.

Great thread. I wish there was a way to see the recent burst sales and the guitar, just like you can do with real estate. Would be helpful when going to price one to sell, or buy one. I'm sure most of the sales are done privately, so it's hard to gauge the market off of asking prices.

marshall1987

Is Gil from Washington DC out of the vintage guitar business at the moment? He used to be one of the large volume vintage guitar dealers, but you don't hear much from him anymore.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Is Gil from Washington DC out of the vintage guitar business at the moment? He used to be one of the large volume vintage guitar dealers, but you don't hear much from him anymore.

No...he's still alive and well. I recently bought a mint 57 TV Junior from him.:jim

marshall1987

No...he's still alive and well. I recently bought a mint 57 TV Junior from him.:jim

Thanks....I know he used to have a storefront in DC (Southworth Guitars) which was stocked to the gills (no pun intended!), but he closed his store quite a few years ago.

How do you contact Gil Southworth or view his inventory of vintage guitars? Thanks.