• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
They are hoping that since the (documented) First Burst went for $$$$$$, then the (possibly) Last Burst should also.

And it appears to be a much nicer Burst than the "First Burst", which makes sense.
A stunning two piece top vs. a boring three piece top to begin with. :)

pinefd

Highest known serial number.
There was a nice article about it in Vintage Guitar Magazine last year.

I got to see and hold this one at the Philly show this past fall...and I sat next to the owner at dinner that night. It’s a gorgeous guitar, in great shape, although I seem to recall that it had a heel crack.

Frank

sws1

UPDATED - The '60 that was as SPC has been sold

Chef Greg

man, that Storybook '60 just slays me... :teh

am9uxvzwknumr76johsf.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
He has a GBase and Reverb shop. From Mission Viejo, CA. I believe some people here know who he is.

First name might be Sean, but not sure.

So, his store name is SPC? Never heard of that store. :hmm

J.D.

What does the collective wisdom think of the current pricing?

Owners: they're still under priced
Dealers: they're priced right and will continue to rise (but I can get you one with a better top)
Potential buyers: they're over priced
99% of population: who the f*ck would pay that much for a used guitar

Patek

If i had that sort of money I’d pay those prices. If I had $3m I’d buy all of them. A single piece of modern art can sell for a lot more so I think these are great value (and more attractive as art pieces)

Jeff West

Was at Lark St. yesterday, they’ve still got the ‘58. Buzzy said I could pass on that it’s still for sale, although he doesn’t seem especially eager to move it on.