• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

Jean-Christophe

I am the owner of this 58 burst that some people are speculating how bad the damage are, just based on picture without seing in real and playing this guitar.

First the price I paid for it is far far away from what is written on this forum.

Now about the damage...looks like the guitar is coming apart.... This is true the guitar has been restored and some repair has been done, now it is solid and the guitar sounds great (ask Florian who did the repair) this is a stunning guitar.

To me this is a great entry level burst.

Here is a video of the guitar.

Jean-Christophe

deytookerjaabs

GS3446-7_1024x1024.jpg

Popped into Carters.

https://cartervintage.com/collections/electric-guitars/products/gibson-les-paul-standard-1963

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I am the owner of this 58 burst that some people are speculating how bad the damage are, just based on picture without seing in real and playing this guitar.

First the price I paid for it is far far away from what is written on this forum.

Now about the damage...looks like the guitar is coming apart.... This is true the guitar has been restored and some repair has been done, now it is solid and the guitar sounds great (ask Florian who did the repair) this is a stunning guitar.

To me this is a great entry level burst.

Here is a video of the guitar.

Jean-Christophe

The point of mentioning the damage was in relationship to its price, compared to the other two guitars. I am sure Florian did masterful work and it is a great guitar.
Too bad that this video does not address the restoration at all.
I still see the 59 [that Florian also worked on] as a better "deal".

"Play all three and make your own decision" is always the best solution, if possible. :salude

mipstoo

That guitar had many issues besides being a refin. Some of those issues were made less noticeable by the refin. Several cracks in the body, and a bad heal crack were enough to put me off. I don't think it was the better deal of those three. :ganz
Don't twist my words... I never talked about 'the better deal'... I said it was the one I'd choose at the right price...

Is this the stupidest comment ever ??

I would pick the dark burst from Max, but also not at that price.

And why was my comment the stupidest ever?
You say exactly what I said...

mipstoo

My apologies.

As they were listed, I found it not to be the better deal.

You're probably correct, depending on the final price of each one of them... But I definitely like the looks of that one.
And I know what it looked like before and the issues (of each one of them), but 'personally' that one speaks to me...
All very subjective...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
You're probably correct, depending on the final price of each one of them... But I definitely like the looks of that one.
And I know what it looked like before and the issues (of each one of them), but 'personally' that one speaks to me...
All very subjective...

Agreed. :salude

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Has anybody heard what this one sold for? I believe the auction was yesterday.

Well, it was a little, um, strange. The reserve was listed as $175K, with no advance bids. The lot opened with cricket sounds. Then, there appeared to be a bid for the reserve of 175K from the room, from Bidder #100 :)wah), and the lot was immediately hammered down.

It just felt weird to me. That guitar was heavily promoted for weeks, and yet many potential buyers, including myself, felt it was just somehow "off". I don't know anyone who was authentically turned on by that Burst. So, at a reserve around $220K, the way it was "sold" just sort of added to the confusion. I don't think we've heard the last of this particular tale.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone here, but the truth is that in the hyper-rarified world of Burst commerce, a buyer has to feel 100% right, not any less--it's just not worth it. Actually, the final nail in the coffin for me was the HA video: meh...There's always another one that does hit all the right notes--and IMO this one didn't.