• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

mipstoo

Does that seem a stout price for a refin, even one this nice?

We will see. The seller has it on consignment, so I assume the price setting is done mainly by the owner.

That makes three refin Bursts for sale in the Netherlands.

Gibson Les Paul Standard Original 1958 Amsterdam Burst #8 6799 - €159,000
View attachment 10318

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1960 'Burst' - €129,000
View attachment 10319

Original 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard “Paulette” - €169,000
View attachment 10320

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass

A refinished Burst is worth approximately what a refinished GT of the same era is worth--perhaps a bit more because of the centerseam top. IMO, trying to sell them for MORE than an ORIGINAL finish Goldtop is an exercise in futility, but that's up to them...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
A refinished Burst is worth approximately what a refinished GT of the same era is worth--perhaps a bit more because of the centerseam top.

I disagree. My experience shows refin Bursts easily sell higher than refin PAF Goldtops. :ganz

El Gringo

I disagree. My experience shows refin Bursts easily sell higher than refin PAF Goldtops. :ganz

I agree as figured maple sells for more than a refin Goldtop, also very easy to see why with the figured maple top versus Goldtops

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I agree as figured maple sells for more than a refin Goldtop, also very easy to see why with the figured maple top versus Goldtops

I get it, and I admit to some exaggeration. However, the prices posted for the refin Bursts were well above what an original finsh GT would sell for, and I think it will be very tough to find buyers at those prices. No biggie, just my two cents

Jean-Christophe

I get it, and I admit to some exaggeration. However, the prices posted for the refin Bursts were well above what an original finsh GT would sell for, and I think it will be very tough to find buyers at those prices. No biggie, just my two cents

The 58 in Amsterdam is sold.

mipstoo

What do you mean ?

I assume he's referring to the relatively high price for a refin.
If I could choose between the three, I would pick the dark burst from Max, but also not at that price.

I assume this wasn't the price paid either, but you never know.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
If I could choose between the three, I would pick the dark burst from Max, but also not at that price.

That guitar had many issues besides being a refin. Some of those issues were made less noticeable by the refin. Several cracks in the body, and a bad heal crack were enough to put me off. I don't think it was the better deal of those three. :ganz

El Gringo

You would be surprised at the market and what sells and what prices it sells for ! There are plenty of players and collectors and pros who ply there trade on these most magnificent instruments . Also to be noted is the supply and demand side of the equation as well which also plays a big factor in determining the prices for said vintage instruments .

au_rick

Is this the stupidest comment ever ??

I would pick the dark burst from Max, but also not at that price.