• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
There is more evidence now than when we discussed the guitar in that thread. We now see the serial number was recorded to a different instrument in the ledger (information provided by Eric I might add) which suggests it is not the real serial number to the guitar. Two peices of information raising the possibility of a refinished GT were an early number and brown filler. Neither were mentioned with the previous sale (along with unclear discrptions of replaced plastics) or maybe not even noticed. Both are discussed in Eric's thread along with the possible implications and possible explainations. Tell me, is there a real equivalence between the level of disclosure here?

I will wait until you respond to Marlow since you appear to be ignoring me.

You equate his musings on the MLP Forum as full disclosure? And if we mention the misdeeds of Detlef often enough, will that obfuscate the intentional vagueness of the Instagram advertisement I referenced earlier?

CDaughtry

I didn't take away that Eric was difinitive in his opinion.

I undersood him to have thought it was "very probably" a refinished GT.

As for "disclosure", you'd be hard pressed to find a guitar that's had more of its characteristics disclosed so publicly in such a short time.

Are we really going to debate whether "definitively" and "very probably" are substantively significant to this discussion?:##

jimmi

You equate his musings on the MLP Forum as full disclosure?
Have you or someone you know acquired about the guitar and he didnt disclose that information?

I would say the fact he posted that material using his real name in a public and searchable way is a form of disclosure. Would be certainly difficult to deny in court wouldnt it counselor? And far more than divlosed on the paper provided with the last sale.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
My recollection was that the Marshall was part of the deal sold with the Conti guitar. Doesnt mater if it was a consignment. Then there is the issue of the explorer...

Your recollection is wrong.
It was not on consignment and it was not sold by Detlef/GuitarPoint [as admitted by the buyer].

CDaughtry

Have you or someone you know acquired about the guitar and he didnt disclose that information?

I would say the fact he posted that material using his real name in a public and searchable way is a form of disclosure. Would be certainly difficult to deny in court wouldnt it counselor? And far more than divlosed on the paper provided with the last sale.

There you go again, directing us back to the last misadventure. At least you're consistent.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Well, given you ask, it's you being dishonest Tom.

Detlef (GuitarPoint) issued a receipt for the Marshall sale, a copy of which has been posted to this site.

Next you'll be telling us that Detlef routinely issues receipts to customers for the sale of gear he doesn't own and hasn't sold.

Get real.

Greg Protic, the buyer of the Marshall amp has publicly stated he did not buy it from GuitarPoint. The person who actually did sell it has also stated the same.
The receipt was not issued by Detlef, but instead by another employee while Detlef was away from the store. It was not written when the amp was sold.
This was at the request of Greg. If Greg had asked Detlef for this receipt he would have been denied.
Clever that Greg waited until Detlef was gone to request this. Was that at your urging?

I have not been dishonest here today, but you certainly have.

F-Hole

Greg Protic, the buyer of the Marshall amp has publicly stated he did not buy it from GuitarPoint. The person who actually did sell it has also stated the same.
The receipt was not issued by Detlef, but instead by another employee while Detlef was away from the store. It was not written when the amp was sold.
This was at the request of Greg. If Greg had asked Detlef for this receipt he would have been denied.
Clever that Greg waited until Detlef was gone to request this. Was that at your urging?

I have not been dishonest here today, but you certainly have.

Dude, you're tripping.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
My recollection was that the Marshall was part of the deal sold with the Conti guitar. Doesnt mater if it was a consignment. Then there is the issue of the explorer...

Your recollection is wrong.
It was not on consignment and it was not sold by Detlef/GuitarPoint [as admitted by the buyer].

Explorer???

WTF are you talking about?! :bigal
There's no explorer in your statement, that I replied to.

jimmi

WTF are you talking about?! :bigal
There's no explorer in your statement, that I replied to.
Get your glasses checked and reread the last word of that you quoted in your post.

i will make it easier for you.

lhric

There you go again, directing us back to the last misadventure. At least you're consistent.

Hello
Sorry to tag onto this post. I was at a guitar show in Ohio recently and a vendor there was displaying or selling a 1959 Les Paul Standard and your name came up regarding that particular guitar. Another vendor was playing and looking at it and your name came up if you have played it in the past. The other gentleman looking at it was asking if this guitar belonged to Dickie Betts and if it has doubled cream bobbins. The guitar appeared to have been refinished on the back and neck. Obvious headstock repair with an added volute. The case was well beat but had a couple bumper stickers with the state of Alabama on one of the stickers. Unfortunately I did not take any pics and the owner was in a hurry to get everything packed up. Do you recall this guitar? Just curious.

sws1

1960 - Emerald City - $198k

1960GibsonLesPaulStandardBurst-1.jpg

Black58

Ya know what I love most about this thread? The "other" Bursts; The ones that don't fit "the visual profile". :ganz Nice thread! :salude