• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NBD---- Epi Thunderbird Vintage Pro

MeHereNow

Originally a bassist when starting to learn an instrument. i could'nt resist this longtime childhood dream epiphone recently made available.
A Thunderbird Vintage Pro.
Same basic construction neckthrough multiple ply as the original Gibsons, mahogany/walnut and a indian rosewood fretboard, nickel vintage style hardware, new Epiphone proBucker 760 humbuckers.
More a tribute then a accurate detailed reissue.

And i love it!

Neckheavy?
-Offcourse!
Huge?
-Yeah!
Loud?
-Forget "11".. this one goes up to 21.
Sunburst?
-..Ehm... as much as i like "the Ox" as an influence and player, i had to have the white one..
Makes it look even bigger, and everyone knows white guitars and basses play and sound better right? :hee

The flatter 12" radius makes it comfortable to play and even "slapable".
You really can slap them TB's and they deliver tonaly.
Some (crappy) cellphone pics:

MeHereNow

fCLUU2f.jpg

FkoBtai.jpg

6iqWKLn.jpg

LDxCVdL.jpg

Robin B

I have a white one too. love mine goes nicely with my black Bicentenial Tbird

Robin B

I have a white one too. love mine goes nicely with my black Bicentenial Tbird

Bruce R

Really nice bass. One of my brothers has a late 90's Epi Thunderbird and just loves it.

I am curious about the Marshall - which head and cabinet are these?

MeHereNow

Really nice bass. One of my brothers has a late 90's Epi Thunderbird and just loves it.

I am curious about the Marshall - which head and cabinet are these?

Quality/price is amazing on these epi's!
Constructed in the same way as the Gibson version, pickups are cast AlNiCo magnet humbuckers with 2 strand braided wire and an indian rosewood fretboard.

My Marshall is an overhauled JCM 4104 vertical input combo from 1982.
Mercury OT, TAD alu film/foil coupling caps, silver mica's replacing ceramic caps in the filtering + some value mods with caps and resistors to finetune the sound to my likin.
Cab is a custom made TTcabs 2x12 modelled after the very first marshall 2x12 1936 cabs which were a bit shallower in depth than the modern version.
I found the shallower depth to be more tight and focussed without loosing the "Oomph"
Speakers are series wired 16 ohm Creamback Celestion G12m65 which are great speakers!