• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any leads on a 2016 True Historic R9

Wayneonthedrums

IMG_0915.jpgI always thought it would be so cool to have a brand new guitar (or drum as I'm also a drummer) from when I was born. The ones I find now are often more worn than me!
In 2015 I became a dad for the first time and subsequently I bought my son a 2015 True Historic with the intention of taking photos of him with it his whole life. Maybe it's a kooky idea and it really is up to him if he even wants to play but he's definitely showing an interest.
The problem I face though is that just thirteen months later his little sister came along and she is truly mad for the guitar. I didn't have the coin to buy another one straight away but I don't want to be faced with giving her brother his guitar and not her.
A few weeks ago I did a deal on a 2016 True Historic that fitted the bill but was let down so was hoping someone here might have a lead on one for me, preference being Cherry Burst.

jimmyace2006

I like that idea. I think my son will probably end up with my guitars. He has a toy guitar and a small scale acoustic. He has been dragging them around everywhere like a Teddy bear all the time for the last 7 months; and he's only 19 months old now. #2 is on the way in July; I guess that means I need to double my collection! LOL

2018030811030511-IMG_8733-XL.jpg

MrMarr

Sorry, no lead.. but I'm just chiming in to say, what an awesome idea. We had our daughter in 2017 and I have a few 2017 guitars that will most likely be hers one day. I'm really hoping she gets into guitar. I have a 2017 Fender George Harrison Rosewood Telecaster with her name on it, tucked away... and a 2017 Gibson Custom Shop LP Standard.. I might just have to grab another 2017 Standard as daddy kinda wants that one to himself lol.

Fan of LP

Does it have to be True Historic? Get a 2017, swap the selector backplates for the plastic ones, and "lose" the COAs. Nobody will be able to tell the difference :p

In all seriousness, what you're doing for your kids is really cool! Hope you find what you're looking for.