• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PRS Silver Sky

tommersjay

I am a huge John Mayer fan, so I am more than excited to try this thing out. PRS quality and strat tones? Sign me up.

Cream Fan

I love how the ad copy on the PRS web site absolutely avoids using the word "Stratocaster" in any form, as if by using the word they're somehow in more legal danger than the fact that they've produced a blatant copy.

P.Walker

I love how the ad copy on the PRS web site absolutely avoids using the word "Stratocaster" in any form, as if by using the word they're somehow in more legal danger than the fact that they've produced a blatant copy.

not a fan of the guitar, but the guitar itself is hardly in legal danger is it? Not like they copied the headstock.

But as to it being a copy, I agree. Though some will argue the devil is in the details and thus it is a different guitar in the end.

It's painfully obvious it's a giant finger to fender after the whole JM signature debacle.

J.D.

As a PRS fan, I find this guitar very unoriginal and boring. I'm a bit surprised to see it quite honestly. More than likely it will be a short run and not many will sell, and will soon be a forgotten, discontinued model.

stevechilders

Seems to me this model would be in direct competition with the new Fender American Original Series / American Standard etc..

Headstock aside, I think PRS might win that battle based on out of the box quality / playability. I would like to at least try one out.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Fender's new offering...:teeth

28685323_10210924295119906_911811953986988575_n.jpg

Don

I think the details like the jack plate and pickguard look kinda cheesy- like a child's drawing of a Strat. I expected better from PRS. I think they should've done something more like their EG guitars. Something where they keep their styling identity in a guitar that feels and sounds more like a Strat.
For the price they're asking, I'd loom at a Suhr.

CBRmatt600

Well I hate PRS Guitars, am not a fan of Strats, and don't know how any human with adult sized fingers plays a 7.25 radius board, so this one really checks all the boxes for me!

stevechilders

I played one last week & quite honestly it was a very good guitar. Finish & set-up was flawless. I think it will probably be a good seller for them.

P.Walker

I will never understand this guitar and the concept behind it, but it will sell. That is a certain.

I'll never understand the decision to do a 7.25" radius on this as it requires pretty exacting setups, but a 9.5"/10" would have been too likeable and not many people would have hated it enough. It's like Paul got every single controversial part and design into one guitar that crashed the guitar internet, got people interested, and because of their qc (and jm), now people are buying it. Not even close to something of my dream guitar, but this is an absolute stroke of genius. Really made a lemonade out of the fender-jm signature debacle.

GotTheSilver

I will never understand this guitar and the concept behind it, but it will sell. That is a certain.

I'll never understand the decision to do a 7.25" radius on this as it requires pretty exacting setups, but a 9.5"/10" would have been too likeable and not many people would have hated it enough. It's like Paul got every single controversial part and design into one guitar that crashed the guitar internet, got people interested, and because of their qc (and jm), now people are buying it. Not even close to something of my dream guitar, but this is an absolute stroke of genius. Really made a lemonade out of the fender-jm signature debacle.

I'm not really a Strat fan or a JM fan , so can someone give me a quick 2-3 sentence synopsis of what the JM signature debacle was?

For what it is worth, I thought the gujtar sounded great in that video. And Paul can play guitar much better than Henry! šŸ˜

renderit

Sounds pretty decent! I'd play it!

I am not a PRS fan, do not have one, never found one I liked, but a BOLT-ON PRS?

I MIGHT go there!