• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PRS Silver Sky

herb

It sounds great in the demos I've heard. Never had any problem with the 7.25 fretboard radius. Probably not going to urge me to sell either of my two Strats but I sure would like to try one out.

Pellman73

my buddy who owns the shop in town sells PRS and it seems they are selling like hot cakes

they look like a strat but they don't quite sound like a strat--

maybe a little glassier tones and the bridge pup is not quite as harsh as say a strat bridge is

so it IS something different

but PRS just... eh... I don't really have any jones for them for some reason... like at all

I guess perhaps its because there is nothing truly original about anything he does-- its all just retreaded ideas. His guitars were always a deriviative version of a les paul and now he has his derivative fender

I don't cotton to any of it

there is a soap bar custom in the shop that is pretty sweet though I must say!

herb

Only the first 500 come with a HSC, gig bag after that? For the same price?

herb

The HSC is kind of a bargain-ish gift for the early adopters.

Yeah. I'mm having a hard time getting over that one. This is the first PRS guitar I have ever jonesed for and they pull this off. A $2300 should come with a case. I'll wait until they hit the stores and if I like one I'll try to get a case in on the deal.

It's probably all for the better as I will be able to try before I buy and not be overtaken by the hype.

Xpensive Wino

Yes, I know they can't spell "original" properly

This cat is having a knees up. :spabout

becks bolero

I tried a silver sky out, it was really nice & played very well

didn't like the plastic tuning pegs & the tone/vol knobs were kinda funky. easy enough to change those to standard knobs though

but honestly, it didn't do anything better than my G&L

interesting: the PRS has the vol knob placed about 1/2" lower than a strat, just like my G&L does

I prefer that, as I often hit the vol knob on a strat, unless I pick over the middle pup or higher