• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

All forgotten 69 Gold Top Conversion

MapleFlame

So many threads on 52-56 Conversions, gold, Bursted and even 68 Conversions. 69's at one point have a one piece Body, three piece necks but have "I really" think some great wood going on. Such an underrated and not talked about enough unless during "Wilko Era" luv yah bro. I purchased this guitar in 2004 from Ebay and it was already Converted, but when I got it, it was the dirtiest guitar I have ever seen. "Scum" It had the worst ABR-1 post fix, washers, nuts you name it under body putty, redrilled, re-doweled and put in of course stainless steel post with period correct wheels and bridge. Neck pickup Semour Duncan, bridge a PAT No. Tailpiece obvious with the crown. Had different tuners, I used the conversion ferrules and put correct 2 line Klusons on. All else is original. Did great on vid until American WOman lololol. CHoke!!!! Was actually Contacted by Ebay seller of this guitar and wanted to buy back, he actually offered 6k, pretty cool seeing I payed 2550.00 with case. Guitar, 59 Super Amp and Cord, no effects period.
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hj6sEwTKy4c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rockabilly69

So many threads on 52-56 Conversions, gold, Bursted and even 68 Conversions. 69's at one point have a one piece Body, three piece necks but have "I really" think some great wood going on. Such an underrated and not talked about enough unless during "Wilko Era" luv yah bro. I purchased this guitar in 2004 from Ebay and it was already Converted, but when I got it, it was the dirtiest guitar I have ever seen. "Scum" It had the worst ABR-1 post fix, washers, nuts you name it under body putty, redrilled, re-doweled and put in of course stainless steel post with period correct wheels and bridge. Neck pickup Semour Duncan, bridge a PAT No. Tailpiece obvious with the crown. Had different tuners, I used the conversion ferrules and put correct 2 line Klusons on. All else is original. Did great on vid until American WOman lololol. CHoke!!!! Was actually Contacted by Ebay seller of this guitar and wanted to buy back, he actually offered 6k, pretty cool seeing I payed 2550.00 with case. Guitar, 59 Super Amp and Cord, no effects period.
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hj6sEwTKy4c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Loved the compression I'm hearing from the bridge pickup tone. Great killer amp/guitar combo! Another great MF save!

moonweasel

Guitar too dirty and with cracked finish. Sell to me for original acquisition price.

- some dude

PS - I have played this guitar. It is glorious. :dude:

renderit

................................I HATE YOU AGAIN!

Awesomer sounds than most!

MapleFlame

Guitar too dirty and with cracked finish. Sell to me for original acquisition price.

- some dude

PS - I have played this guitar. It is glorious. :dude:

How bout a part time trade, Custom to me, Hilltop to you. Few months :salude

MapleFlame

................................I HATE YOU AGAIN!

Awesomer sounds than most!

The Pat. No. In bridge and Duncan in Neck just does it. I'm a huge keep with Gibson parts, but it works.
Thanks for the Compliment

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
"Wilko Era". Ha!

Cool guitar (of course). Fun riffing and sounds, too! :salude

Moonvarmit, where are you? Nola? Imo be there next week for a couple of days

moonweasel

"Wilko Era". Ha!

Cool guitar (of course). Fun riffing and sounds, too! :salude

Moonvarmit, where are you? Nola? Imo be there next week for a couple of days

The Wilko Era was a glorious era indeed!

I live in Virginia now; that would have been fun. :salude Check out "International Vintage Guitar" in NOLA if they are still in business. Best used store in town. Near the Quarter. Drink Abita beer. Start with Abita Amber, then experiment from there.

toxpert

The “Wilko Era”...is ever present. Every time I strum my ‘68...it transports me to Wilko-time.

MapleFlame

Excuse my ignorance in this matter, but what is the "Wilko Era" refer to?

He is a long time member who had 68-70 Goldtop conversions, bursted. He played them out a lot. I say that era because he was one of the few who exclusively played them and had great knowledge of them.

Wilko

I "had" great knowledge. Now I can't remember where I left my pants. :laugh2:

rockabilly69

I "had" great knowledge. Now I can't remember where I left my pants. :laugh2:
Yeah I'm with you, sometimes I look around for my sunglasses but forget they are are sitting on top of my head :hee

Wilko

I do remember these (both the "Mapleflame mod":
two_68s.jpg

Bruce R

I especially love the way that Goldtop looks! I had a '68 once upon a time that had the top stripped and stained walnut. I had some PAF's installed and the top restored to gold, so it looked and sounded amazing. The only problem was that it weighed an absolute ton, must've easily been over 10 pounds, so I traded it in around '81 and got the '69 LPC I still have.