• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1993 Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck Signature Model Midnight Purple

MikeSlub

Administrator
Back in 1993 I lusted over this guitar, and just missed buying one then during a big sale at (yes) Guitar Center. I found this one recently (not at Guitar Center!) in near mint condition. Early (1993) Jeff Beck Stratocaster with a baseball bat neck (reminds me of a Les Paul), Lace Sensor pickups (love these and don't know why they discontinued them) in a color called Midnight Purple (doesn't look like "midnight" to me, but a lovely color nonetheless). Sounds and plays great! :dude:

1993_Fender_Stratocaster_Jeff_Beck.jpg

Strat_Beck_2.jpg

Strat_Beck_3.jpg

BURSTGANG

Congrats! Great looking Strat Mike....................I had one also from 1991 [1st year] and it was a great guitar,wish I had it back again!:hank

MapleFlame

These Strats play really well and I actually like the roller nuts. I think the 3xsingle coils had these too. Love the guitar and color.

Budman2k

That's a beauty! I loved the big necks on those early Jeff Beck models.

deytookerjaabs

Beautiful Guitar! Does it sound like a superstrat? Or does it have something else going on?

I had one for a bit, wouldn't recall thinking it was anything like a "superstrat" at the time though? It was like a beefy American Standard to me. I remember I traded a Clapton strat with the Lace Sensors towards it, then I traded the Beck towards a new Am Deluxe (I think) V-neck that had some "new and improved" pickups iirc, then I traded that guitar, I couldn't keep'em all but they were all great!

BURSTGANG

VERY cool guitar Mike,I bought one just like yours yesterday! The original owner who worked at Guitar Center here in Minnesota back in the day bought it and played it before selling it to the 2'd owner who I got it from. He was not really a "STRAT" guy either as it turned out so it remained put away till recently when it was put up for sale and I got it. I love it! Big Neck! "PURPLE POWER" Mine like yours looks.............. brand new. Congrats on Fender Jeff Beck Strat! These guitars play and sound great and I love the Lace Sensors also.:hank

Last edited:

akstrat61

VERY cool guitar Mike,I bought one just like yours yesterday! The original owner who worked at Guitar Center here in Minnesota back in the day bought it and played it only briefly before selling it to the 2'd owner who I got it from. He was not really a "STRAT" guy either as it turned out so it remained put away till recently when it was put up for sale and I got it. I love mine! Big Neck! "PURPLE POWER" Mine like your looks.............. brand new. Congrats on Fender Jeff Beck Strat! These guitars play and sound great I love the Lace Sensors also.:hank

Congrats, was that the one on CL for awhile? :salude

Last edited:

sonar

Cool!

Same era and slightly related - I learned to play electric guitar on an American Standard Strat in Midnight Blue. Iirc there was a third Midnight color?

Fender abandoned Lace Sensors when they started making their own noiseless pickups. Some people were turned off by the aesthetics of LS pickups and the vintage winders like Lindy Fralin were starting to influence the trend back toward authentic reproductions back then, but sonically I thought Lace Sensors had their place.

A good friend and sometime bandmate tried all the Lace Sensor flavors. I want to say the Golds were my favorite?

BURSTGANG

Cool!

Same era and slightly related - I learned to play electric guitar on an American Standard Strat in Midnight Blue. Iirc there was a third Midnight color?

Fender abandoned Lace Sensors when they started making their own noiseless pickups. Some people were turned off by the aesthetics of LS pickups and the vintage winders like Lindy Fralin were starting to influence the trend back toward authentic reproductions back then, but sonically I thought Lace Sensors had their place.

A good friend and sometime bandmate tried all the Lace Sensor flavors. I want to say the Golds were my favorite?
Not sure about a 3'd MIDNIGHT...............I have always been a fan of the LS I have had several Strat Plus guitars and Elite Fender guitars that had those pickups. This Jeff Beck I just got is from 98 and ...........I'm loving this one!:hank

Last edited:
Nice! Congrats. It looks like the Stat Plus model for the most part with a extra Lace. Everyone I’ve heard is amazing.