The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

1993 Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck Signature Model Midnight Purple

Back in 1993 I lusted over this guitar, and just missed buying one then during a big sale at (yes) Guitar Center. I found this one recently (not at Guitar Center!) in near mint condition. Early (1993) Jeff Beck Stratocaster with a baseball bat neck (reminds me of a Les Paul), Lace Sensor pickups (love these and don't know why they discontinued them) in a color called Midnight Purple (doesn't look like "midnight" to me, but a lovely color nonetheless). Sounds and plays great!

Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

Re: 1993 Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck Signature Model Midnight Purple

Congrats! Great looking Strat Mike....................I had one also from 1991 [1st year] and it was a great guitar,wish I had it back again!

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar

That's plum purty, Mike.
    Pauls to the walls!

Hüter der Flammen!

PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

Les Paul Forum Member MapleFlame's Avatar

These Strats play really well and I actually like the roller nuts. I think the 3xsingle coils had these too. Love the guitar and color.
    Top carves are sexy

I like.. .. congrats Mike
    Music for me.

That's a beauty! I loved the big necks on those early Jeff Beck models.

Quote Originally Posted by Budman2k View Post
    That's a beauty! I loved the big necks on those early Jeff Beck models.
    Beautiful Guitar! Does it sound like a superstrat? Or does it have something else going on?

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephens View Post
    Beautiful Guitar! Does it sound like a superstrat? Or does it have something else going on?

I had one for a bit, wouldn't recall thinking it was anything like a "superstrat" at the time though? It was like a beefy American Standard to me. I remember I traded a Clapton strat with the Lace Sensors towards it, then I traded the Beck towards a new Am Deluxe (I think) V-neck that had some "new and improved" pickups iirc, then I traded that guitar, I couldn't keep'em all but they were all great!

VERY cool guitar Mike,I bought one just like yours yesterday! The original owner who worked at Guitar Center here in Minnesota back in the day bought it and played it before selling it to the 2'd owner who I got it from. He was not really a "STRAT" guy either as it turned out so it remained put away till recently when it was put up for sale and I got it. I love it! Big Neck! "PURPLE POWER" Mine like yours looks.............. brand new. Congrats on Fender Jeff Beck Strat! These guitars play and sound great and I love the Lace Sensors also.
    Last edited by BURSTGANG; 03-31-19 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BURSTGANG View Post
    VERY cool guitar Mike,I bought one just like yours yesterday! The original owner who worked at Guitar Center here in Minnesota back in the day bought it and played it only briefly before selling it to the 2'd owner who I got it from. He was not really a "STRAT" guy either as it turned out so it remained put away till recently when it was put up for sale and I got it. I love mine! Big Neck! "PURPLE POWER" Mine like your looks.............. brand new. Congrats on Fender Jeff Beck Strat! These guitars play and sound great I love the Lace Sensors also.
    Congrats, was that the one on CL for awhile?
    Last edited by akstrat61; 03-29-19 at 05:56 AM.
    Game on!

Cool!

Same era and slightly related - I learned to play electric guitar on an American Standard Strat in Midnight Blue. Iirc there was a third Midnight color?

Fender abandoned Lace Sensors when they started making their own noiseless pickups. Some people were turned off by the aesthetics of LS pickups and the vintage winders like Lindy Fralin were starting to influence the trend back toward authentic reproductions back then, but sonically I thought Lace Sensors had their place.

A good friend and sometime bandmate tried all the Lace Sensor flavors. I want to say the Golds were my favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by akstrat61 View Post
    Congrats, was that the one on CL for awhile?
    Yes the same ..............he had that guitar and I had something he was looking for so we made a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar View Post
    Cool!

Same era and slightly related - I learned to play electric guitar on an American Standard Strat in Midnight Blue. Iirc there was a third Midnight color?

Fender abandoned Lace Sensors when they started making their own noiseless pickups. Some people were turned off by the aesthetics of LS pickups and the vintage winders like Lindy Fralin were starting to influence the trend back toward authentic reproductions back then, but sonically I thought Lace Sensors had their place.

A good friend and sometime bandmate tried all the Lace Sensor flavors. I want to say the Golds were my favorite?
    Not sure about a 3'd MIDNIGHT...............I have always been a fan of the LS I have had several Strat Plus guitars and Elite Fender guitars that had those pickups. This Jeff Beck I just got is from 98 and its the first one of those I have owned............I have not owned another LS guitar for years............but I'm loving this one!

Quote Originally Posted by BURSTGANG View Post
    Not sure about a 3'd MIDNIGHT...

Midnight Wine.

Les Paul Forum Member Deep Purple Fan's Avatar

Nice! Congrats. It looks like the Stat Plus model for the most part with a extra Lace. Everyone I’ve heard is amazing.