• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B. debuts "Willy Wonka" on the Keeping the Blues Alive IV Cruise!!!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
So, if this dark sunburst is called Willy Wonka, what name did he give the chocolate brown mid 50s P-90 Les Paul? :hmm

Dragonkoi

Good to see Joe with his Willy out on stage hahaha. Dig the Vs! Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Stow

Some great groovimng going on and killer vocals! @Joe B.. looking cool man, love your jacket... Barbour?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I’m taking it tonight to a gig I have. We’ll see how it sounds in the hands of a mere mortal!:hee

JBLPplayer

Echopark ?
Yes... The serial number of that guitar is .. “not Amos” I had one built because I needed a reliable spare and one to tour Europe with in case I could not bring a real one over. I asked Gibson Custom first and they unfortunately could not build one due to their current challenges with everything that is going on. .. Echopark built me the replica. It is very nice ,sounds great and fulfilled its mission statement when the D string broke... :salude
Joe B

britbender

Yes... The serial number of that guitar is .. “not Amos” I had one built because I needed a reliable spare and one to tour Europe with in case I could not bring a real one over. I asked Gibson Custom first and they unfortunately could not build one due to their current challenges with everything that is going on. .. Echopark built me the replica. It is very nice ,sounds great and fulfilled its mission statement when the D string broke... :salude
Joe B
Looks real nice !:salude

akstrat61

I see that Charlie played WW at a gig last night?:hank

How about posting a clip from your show?:dude:

Musicman

Wow! They both look and sound great. Sounds like a helluva cruise. :salude

sws1

What was totally cool to witness was Joe's last stage performance. He was killing it on his "trash bag" V when he unfortunately broke a string. So Mike Hickey pops up on stage and takes the that Flying V and hands him another Flying V (Amos) and he finished the song with that guitar. I started thinking about it, and seeing a guy play two 58 Vs during one solo after breaking a string could be an all time first. 58-59 Flying Vs are damned rare and I can't recall ever hearing of anyone touring with multiple original Korina Flying Vs, much less playing two in one solo after a string breaking. :dude: From my recollection also, those two guitars had a noticeable difference in tone. I preferred the tone of the trash bag V to Amos, but that may just be me. They both sounded great.

At the 7min mark.

real59er

At the 7min mark.

They do sound different, but I like Amos a bit better to be honest in this clip. In comparison, the other one sounded more... trashy (pun fully intended - I heard more fizz in the high end in the other one.) Who knows though, I wasn't there. :)