• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Danny Kirwan (Fleetwood Mac era) Burst

sidekick

Interesting B&W Youtube live early Fleetwood Mac compilation video ... First part, very early,showing PG with his Strat, (albeit background) ... However, at just over 19 minutes, a partial showing of Danny playing his really clean Burst ... "Albatross" ... I guess perhaps in Sweden?

Found his 'lick' positions interesting, as I, (now) play that part myself alone and where over the years have tried to incorporate the two, (then) guitars as 'one'.

Danny's Burst looks super-clean, when it was then around 8-9 years old.

sidekick

Hmmm ... Click on the Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac wording part of the video link ...

JJ Blair

Unrelated to this guitar, but something I had to share, I was just told the following story by one of PG's contemporaries: He said after Green joined Mayall, he mentioned to Peter that he sounded a lot like Clapton. Peter retorted sharply, "I'm better than Clapton."

Last edited:

TM1

I believe on "Albatross" that all the guitars were played by Peter. I don't think that Danny or Jeremy were on the recording

blewsbreaker

Unrelated to this guitar, but something I had to share, I was just told the following story by one of PG's contemporaries: He said after Green joined Mayall, he mentioned to Peter that he sounded a lot like Clapton. Peter retorted sharply, "I'm better than Clapton."

...And he was correct!
:couch

omar

Peter also said that he played a second bass part with John McVie.

sws1

Is the whereabouts of this guitar known? Or at least, know what the s/n is?

This video provides some great detailed shots.

hagstrom71

I believe on "Albatross" that all the guitars were played by Peter. I don't think that Danny or Jeremy were on the recording

I've wondered who played on Albatross. Found an interview where Peter Green mentions that Danny and him are both on Albatross.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>"Did you overdub all the parts on "Albatross," or were Danny and Jeremy playing?
That was me and Danny. I also played the slide. Jeremy had a funny way of not being around the studio when we recorded my tracks!"

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=292&Itemid=9

Bob Womack

I remember an article where they spoke of Green needing help from Kirwan before he was able to finish the parts for Albatross.

Bob

tonyj

I remember an article where they spoke of Green needing help from Kirwan before he was able to finish the parts for Albatross.

Bob

I would imagine that many tunes or songs by many groups where 'tidied up' in varying degrees based on suggestions from other band members. Nothing too unusual in that.

Bob Womack

I would imagine that many tunes or songs by many groups where 'tidied up' in varying degrees based on suggestions from other band members. Nothing too unusual in that.
Weeeellll, a little earlier in the thread folks were trying to figure out to what degree anyone else participated in the recording. This would indicate that Kirwan wrote some of the parts which might indicate that he played them as well. It was a simple response to a query.

Bob

Maxmc

This is all very interesting but what about the guitar! :##:##

tonyj

Weeeellll, a little earlier in the thread folks were trying to figure out to what degree anyone else participated in the recording. This would indicate that Kirwan wrote some of the parts which might indicate that he played them as well. It was a simple response to a query.

Bob

Gotcha. Sorry no offence intended.