• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickups replacement and push/pull pots

King Snake

Hi everyone! I’ve a Gibson Les Paul Standard 2016 with all this pull/push pots which let you get many sounds and out of phase on the middle position.
But I’m mainly a blues player, and I’m not completely satisfied with the sound I get from Burstbucker pickups. I think I would like to replace it by some a Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday Set or any other PAF style pickups. My concern is how this replacement will affect to push/pull sounds from the pots? All will still working? The out of phase sound will be affected or cancelled?
I’m considering other improvements too but I’m not sure where to start. I’ve read about replace capacitors and 50’s wiring… (as you could realize, I don’t know anything about electronics). Just I was wondering what really would give me more vintage sound and a wider spectrum from the tone pots? I usually play attenuating highs, searching for smoother sounds…
Any other suggestions out there? Thank you very much.!

Zentar

Hi and welcome.

I installed new humbuckers on my 2016 Root beer LP Standard. I used quick connect terminals. The controls work just the same with the new HBs
The quick connect terminals were $30 !!

I did not change the caps on my Standard but I have changed caps on other guitars. The conclusion I reached was that a farad is a farad(IMO).

wazupwazid

May I ask were you purchased the Quick Connects ?

Hi and welcome.

I installed new humbuckers on my 2016 Root beer LP Standard. I used quick connect terminals. The controls work just the same with the new HBs
The quick connect terminals were $30 !!

I did not change the caps on my Standard but I have changed caps on other guitars. The conclusion I reached was that a farad is a farad(IMO).