• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Abr1 vs Nashville with hi neck angle

jbzoso2002

I have a 1996 LP studio and would normally jump right into an abr1 wooden
dowel conversion.

But! This guitar has a very hi neck angle and there would be a lot of naked
6/32 screw sticking out.

Because of this I may leave it with the Nashville bridge, maby put a
tonepros up grade but keep the nashville studs.

What does the LPF community think?? What would sound better??

Jimmy

TM1

Jimmy; I would do the conversion posts that Faber offers and install an ABR-1. The posts screw right into the top and will let you drop a regular ABR-1 right in. Be a helluva lot better than those push-in things you have now.

jbzoso2002

Ive seen those, but its unclear if any standard abr1 will work on those posts.

There web sight leads me to believe you can only use theirs.

I will have to email them about this.

Thanks, Jimmy

Big Al

Jimmy; I would do the conversion posts that Faber offers and install an ABR-1. The posts screw right into the top and will let you drop a regular ABR-1 right in. Be a helluva lot better than those push-in things you have now.

This, or slightly widen the ABR1 post holes to fit the Nashville posts.

Triburst

Most of the "steep" neck angle guitars I've seen actually have issues with at least one of the unwound strings touching the back of the ABR-1 before they get to the saddles. Does yours?
No picture, but I would imagine a Nashville could be even worse. The only one I have like that really benefited from being top-wrapped (eliminated the "touching the back of the ABR-1" problem, and you can screw the tailpiece all the way down), and the bridge height has never been a big deal as far as I know. I've seen some posts here that even say it's desirable for tone.