• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2018 Brazilian Gibson Les Paul Thread

6L6

All Access/Backstage Pass
Man, I was eyeing that when it hit WW's site. Superb top! Just looks perfect all around. Congrats!

Top Gun

Great looking guitar!
The color on your guitar is the same as Gibson used on the Nicky's. Pop is short for "Poppy."

TM1

So, just wondering why the change from Gibson? Back in 2003 they said they would never use Brazilian again on any new guitars. Not really a problem for me as my Historics have Brazilian boards, but interesting to know the 180 switch..
Cheers!

J.D.

That's a great question, one I've pondered myself.

One answer could be morals schmorals when facing bankruptcy.

Another could be that CITES was really intended to end the BRW flooring and extracts businesses, and the tiny little bit used on limited edition guitar fretboards is more or less negligible in the big picture.

Whichever the case, HJ has seemed to contradict himself.

poon99

2018 Braz that just came in at The House of Guitars.They still have the good wood.

brazzle-vi.jpg

Fan of LP

Is it bad that I enjoyed looking at those pictures? Looks like a stunning guitar! And the close ups and all the details, man! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you were able to figure out a way to fix the issues. I think you should still talk to the dealer and get some sort of explanations. Is this something that happened during dealer setup? Shipment? At the Custom Shop? Maybe someone needs to update the QA/QC process, etc.

mrfett

I should mention that, like my now departed vintage Burst, this guitar also does not work well with polepieces raised and pickups sunk down.

I know that was the recipe for reissues for years. But unlike my other reissues, and like my old Burst, this guitar likes the pickups pushed up and the pole pieces sunk down a bit below the covers. It sounds bigger this way, with more overtones, but without getting muddy. Reminds me a lot of my old Burst tonally in this way, when set up correctly.

Hey thanks for the tip, going to try this out.