The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Brazilian Gibson Les Paul

This is a Wildwood Spec, 8.4 lbs, color is called Golden Pop, there's a bit of a burst, hard to capture in simple iPhone photos.

Last edited by wizardmc; 07-18-18 at 05:34 PM.

Re: 2018 Brazilian Gibson Les Paul Thread

​Sweet axe my man !

Les Paul Forum Member

Just stunning .

All Access/Backstage Pass

Man, I was eyeing that when it hit WW's site. Superb top! Just looks perfect all around. Congrats!

Great looking guitar!
    The color on your guitar is the same as Gibson used on the Nicky's. Pop is short for "Poppy."

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Great looking guitar!
    The color on your guitar is the same as Gibson used on the Nicky's. Pop is short for "Poppy."
    Thank you TG - didn't realize that!
    Last edited by wizardmc; 07-18-18 at 05:30 PM.

on the middle & bridge pickup of my L.P. Custom

So, just wondering why the change from Gibson? Back in 2003 they said they would never use Brazilian again on any new guitars. Not really a problem for me as my Historics have Brazilian boards, but interesting to know the 180 switch..
    Cheers!

That's a great question, one I've pondered myself.

One answer could be morals schmorals when facing bankruptcy.

Another could be that CITES was really intended to end the BRW flooring and extracts businesses, and the tiny little bit used on limited edition guitar fretboards is more or less negligible in the big picture.

Whichever the case, HJ has seemed to contradict himself.

Yep.
    Last edited by wizardmc; 07-18-18 at 05:30 PM.

"why" is the question, not "when"

2018 Braz that just came in at The House of Guitars.They still have the good wood.

Yep
    Last edited by wizardmc; 07-18-18 at 05:32 PM.

Is it bad that I enjoyed looking at those pictures? Looks like a stunning guitar! And the close ups and all the details, man! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you were able to figure out a way to fix the issues. I think you should still talk to the dealer and get some sort of explanations. Is this something that happened during dealer setup? Shipment? At the Custom Shop? Maybe someone needs to update the QA/QC process, etc.

Gibson keeps raising the bar with these reissues. I noticed the lacquered case.
    Last edited by wizardmc; 07-18-18 at 05:32 PM.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wizardmc View Post
    I should mention that, like my now departed vintage Burst, this guitar also does not work well with polepieces raised and pickups sunk down.

I know that was the recipe for reissues for years. But unlike my other reissues, and like my old Burst, this guitar likes the pickups pushed up and the pole pieces sunk down a bit below the covers. It sounds bigger this way, with more overtones, but without getting muddy. Reminds me a lot of my old Burst tonally in this way, when set up correctly.
    Hey thanks for the tip, going to try this out.

Les Paul Forum Member Fried okra's Avatar

Brazilian Knopfler Burst From Vic Dapra. 7lbs 10oz

Last edited by Fried okra; Today at 00:00. Reason: No reason, just felt like making it look like I edited it.

"I just try to keep my fingers between the binding". Tom Wittrock

He plays with feel (yeah, the sloppyness is a good thing for his style) and he's got tone to die for. He ain't no Petrucci or Vai. They got the technique down but no soul and no tone. - Hoss

Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

Fried Okra - nice - 7 lbs 10 oz too!

And is that 4 now Mike?

Les Paul Forum Member mistersnappy's Avatar

Re: 2018 Brazilian Gibson Les Paul

This is a Wildwood Spec, 8.4 lbs, color is called Golden Pop, there's a bit of a burst, hard to capture in simple iPhone photos.

Lovely color: reminds me of Nicky.
    "That's what I love, man, to hear that backbeat popping, that damn bass plonkin' down. Jesus God!"-Duane Allman

And is that 4 now Mike?
    Yes. Great guitars! They won't have Brazilian forever. And I am concerned about what will happen this summer.
    Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

Les Paul Forum Member

CME Green Lemon Brazilian:

2018 Braz LP1 by , on Flickr
    Last edited by oasis02; 03-24-18 at 01:48 PM.

Last edited by Fried okra; 03-23-18 at 05:33 PM.
    Last edited by Fried okra; Today at 00:00. Reason: No reason, just felt like making it look like I edited it.

He plays with feel (yeah, the sloppyness is a good thing for his style) and he's got tone to die for. He ain't no Petrucci or Vai. They got the technique down but no soul and no tone. - Hoss

Les Paul Forum Member madformac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fried okra View Post
    I understand and not to sound like I am bragging or justifying my good will, because it is irrelevant and yes I can always do more. This is the LPF and we are all about LPs here.
    Kris you don't need to justify anything. Many members here give time and money to charitable causes and many do so without mentioning it. It's not the first time samsdad has thrown a turd in the punchbowl on this forum as I recall (some members here I keep a note on from previous threads).

samsdad, If somebody is in the fortunate position of being able to pay 10K for a Historic or 300K+ for a Burst then the choice is that of one person alone. Throwing your toys out of the pram over the state of the world on a guitar forum does come across as rather self indulgent.

This forum is about Les Pauls and this sub forum specifically Custom and Historic. No need to for anybody to have to feel the need to justify posts about the instruments in question or their prices etc.

Quote Originally Posted by madformac View Post
    Kris you don't need to justify anything. Many members here give time and money to charitable causes and many do so without mentioning it. It's not the first time samsdad has thrown a turd in the punchbowl on this forum as I recall (some members here I keep a note on from previous threads).

This forum is about Les Pauls and this sub forum specifically Custom and Historic. No need to for anybody to have to feel the need to justify posts about the instruments in question or their prices etc.
    Thanks, as I replaced it with another picture.

Les Paul Forum Member

samsdad, If somebody is in the fortunate position of being able to pay 10K for a Historic or 300K+ for a Burst then the choice is that of one person alone. Throwing your toys out of the pram over the state of the world on a guitar forum does come across as rather self indulgent.

Its Not That At All
    Im Not Trying to Throw A Turd at Anybody
    This Forum Seems To Be More Show Off Area
    and cater to Well Off People with Lots Of Money
    And You Like to show off your guitars like new Toys when we wren kids?
    Who really Cares? Mine Is nicer or better than yours!Big Deal is that what it is really about
    Well I am Disabled And Homeless And Its a Very Tough Life
    Its Not The Point That If you have the money Your allowed to buy what ever you want
    The Whole thing is Why Are you doing it when there are so many people in need of help and support the forgotten Majority
    At this point in time and Showing off your expensive guitar And That you Have Many More
    Seems Shallow to me But If you think thats the wrong way to look at it Thats Fine
    Many of you have lots of them either vintage or reissue or both the rich get richer and the poor get poorer
    You can't Take them with you All i Am saying Is There are a lot of people in need
    Thousands of us more that have fallen on Very hard times And Are just Hanging on barely getting by
    If you want to keep a record of what i say go ahead Mr Trump You Cant Fire Me
    Im Not A Liar and don't tell tales I'm there in reality living without shelter or income
    and going to a free public service for internet because I'm down on my luck
    Ihave a love for guitars so think as you wish I'm just hanging on
    and my prospects are not very good when your on hard times no one seems to care
    but if you have a burst than its a big deal and nice going it only cost you a quarter of a million dollars
    then your a good guy if your down and out nothing but silence because nobody wants to hear that
    and it is ignored i will just look and not post because here Because its not proper to be without means

I hope you get 2 more brother......Keep em coming and good for you !

Quote Originally Posted by samsdad View Post
    Its Not That At All
    Who really Cares? Mine Is nicer or better than yours!Big Deal is that what it is really about
    Its Not The Point That If you have the money Your allowed to buy what ever you want
    The Whole thing is Why Are you doing it when there are so many people in need of help and support the forgotten Majority
    At this point in time and Showing off your expensive guitar And That you Have Many More
    Seems Shallow to me But If you think thats the wrong way to look at it Thats Fine
    Many of you have lots of them either vintage or reissue or both the rich get richer and the poor get poorer
    You can't Take them with you All i Am saying Is There are a lot of people in need
    Thousands of us more that have fallen on Very hard times And Are just Hanging on barely getting by
    Im Not A Liar and don't tell tales I'm there in reality living without shelter or income
    but if you have a burst than its a big deal and nice going it only cost you a quarter of a million dollars
    then your a good guy if your down and out nothing but silence because nobody wants to hear that
    and it is ignored i will just look and not post because here Because its not proper to be without means
    if you start a go fund me account and explain your hardship on the go fund me page. I for one would donate. I hate to see any fellow man down on their luck, and if a small monetary nudge can help, we’ll, I’ll help.

Its Not That At All
    Tell this story to the fortune 500 companies sucking everyone dry or your dirty politicians who are on the take not some hard working people who made the right choices in life to be able to afford them....my whole family served and retired military and they LOVE my True Historic Les Paul's....your barking up the wrong tree pal.

Its Not That At All

Let me ask you a question. How do you know many of the people who post here are wealthy?

Have you considered those who post pictures of these guitars might actually do it for the benefit of all of us so we can see the beauty in these instruments?

Many here, myself included, work regular jobs and work very hard for average pay. Life isn't equal, rule number 1. Hard work doesn't always pay off. If I earned more I would buy more guitars but I would also give more to others and look after charities, my local community and my friends better financially. Unfortunately my choice of profession means long hours and average pay. What you don't find is me complaining about it. The work I do ultimately is my choice, I find it rewarding and I help others.

It's also my choice to come here and celebrate wonderful Gibson guitars. I would rather our members share them than stick them in a vault, the joy is in sharing.

Somebody somewhere will ultimately buy the Les Pauls Gibson produce (well maybe not all the models...)

What you see as showing off I see as sharing the pleasure of our passion. There are many here that don't even own a Gibson and aspire to one but they show their joy at these instruments in their posts.

I don't want to keep a record of what you say. I just recall some previous comments you have made on threads were inflammatory without a specific trigger. I understand your frustration but you have no factual evidence how our members lead their lives or how much they donate to charity and to make wild comments without fact seems to me disrespectful. No offence intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Fried okra View Post
    if you start a go fund me account and explain your hardship on the go fund me page. I for one would donate. I hate to see any fellow man down on their luck, and if a small monetary nudge can help, we’ll, I’ll help.
    As would I.

Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar

Thanks for posting all these great Guitars !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

Did I miss something? Has some of this thread been deleted? What's this about turd throwing. I've always been told that you can't polish a turd but you can try rolling it in glitter.

Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar

Every single one a candidate for the Big Tops thread....

Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

i will just look and not post because here Because its not proper to be without means
    Keep coming, keep talking.

I don't think much of your narrative to be honest, but I'll defend your right to say your piece.

Take it as easy as you can.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    Keep coming, keep talking.

I don't think much of your narrative to be honest, but I'll defend your right to say your piece.

Take it as easy as you can.

Thankyou for all the Remarks
    I am just a simple person
    Who has fell on very hard times and lost the home I built
    30 years ago because of my disability i can't ever work again
    Im not looking for any handouts or charity my mind is overwhelmed
    and I'm Honestly scared i lost everything that was important to me
    So now day to day i try to survive one day at a time
    No matter what i say here it gets ripped apart and thats sad
    My interest in guitars is going on over 50 years now
    So when i get access to the Internet i look around it takes the
    Weight of my shoulders for a while happiness is hard to find
    When you have sunk this low a very different way of living
    Good luck to all of you i have said my peace there
    are a lot of us out there to proud to be in the gutter
    but there is not much choice when society has
    thrown you away and you have become an outcast
    In this World we live in which can be Very Cruel

Thankyou for all the Remarks
    I am just a simple person
    Who has fell on very hard times and lost the home I built
    30 years ago because of my disability i can't ever work again
    Im not looking for any handouts or charity my mind is overwhelmed
    and I'm Honestly scared i lost everything that was important to me
    So now day to day i try to survive one day at a time
    No matter what i say here it gets ripped apart and thats sad
    My interest in guitars is going on over 50 years now
    So when i get access to the Internet i look around it takes the
    Weight of my shoulders for a while happiness is hard to find
    When you have sunk this low a very different way of living
    Good luck to all of you i have said my peace there
    are a lot of us out there to proud to be in the gutter
    but there is not much choice when society has
    thrown you away and you have become an outcast
    In this World we live in which can be Very Cruel
    I understand.

Trust me.

Stay here, keep talking or failing that keep reading.

No-one's coming after you here, I'll stand with you if they do, we'll fight em together....I'm confident it won't happen...there are men of soul all around and about in this very place. However, not a single one of them to my knowledge is a mind reader, no one knows the shit each of us is having to live with, until we're told what's happening.

Stay cool.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSlub View Post

Oh WOW! Absolutely beautiful!

Man that is sweet!
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

Les Paul Forum Member Dreadnaught's Avatar

8857D949-BF00-45B9-AE38-39BFE132CBE8.jpg

Not Sure why that came out so small and sideways. Uploaded from my phone. Wildwood

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post

Not Sure why that came out so small and sideways. Uploaded from my phone. Wildwood
    Here ya go.

Les Paul Forum Member Dreadnaught's Avatar

How did you do that? Looks even better with a flash !

956D7327-DF0E-4946-BABF-9598A12AB575.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast