• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2 Conductor humbucker to 5-pin Quick Connect

Cyphex

Hi! Not to happy with the original 490R/498T in my 2016 50’s Tribute so when a SD Antiquity Neck appeared at the Norwegian equivalent of Craigslist, I had to buy it. Then the need for some Quick Connect adapters showed up. Aaaaand a SD ‘59 2 conductor... eBay can do that to a poor soul with a tiny bit of GAS...

Suddenly the question pops up: will it work with just connection on + and - on the quick connect adapter? And in that case, what to do with the 3 wire ends not in use on the adapter? Just insulate them? Or connect north/south the same way you would do on a 4-conductor HB connected straight to a non-split potmeter?

I’ve tried Google and LPF-search but no luck so far.

I will in time change the entire wiring harness but not now. So for now the quick connector option, if possible, will have to work.
I really hope someone will be able to guide me to tonal improvement on an affordable but otherwise absolutely amazing LP. Love mine to death!

Hope my English is somewhat understandable... Norwegian, you know...

Zentar

SD has wiring diagrams . Email them. Yes you can use the 2 wire pup. Pretty easy.

El Gringo

Also ThroBak.com has wiring diagrams on there website (your English was fine )

tommersjay

It will not work like youre asking. Youre going to need to solder the pickups directly to the pots, if it has a PCB board in your guitar, you will have to replace the board with 4 regular pots. You will actually mostly likely have to replace all the electronics when taking out the PCB to go with traditional wiring.

Cyphex

Seems like a new wiring harness is the way to go. Thanks for the response!

Dos Gringo

I did it with my '13 Studio (w/ coil tap circut board) put in some p94 type shielded single conductor to quick connect. Worked Great!

Neck quick connect goes white, green, red, black, black
Bridge quick connect goes red, black, white, green, black

Neck: Conductor to center RED. Shield to Black and Black. Left white and green with naught.
Bridge: Conductor to center WHITE. Shield to GREEN and BLACK. Red and Black left naught.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Quick-Co...156776?hash=item340df06168:g:F34AAOSwE5BdM3Ze

Last edited: