• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1967 Gibson 335 Vaulation

BURSTGANG

t's what it is.............. valuation.............have not played one of these in years,sure looks cool, great patina. Original owner of this guitar. Guitar has been refretted [nice job BTW and they are in excellent condition] 1 time and the fingerboard is in nice condition with no divots in the wood. LOTS of weather checking everywhere,Minnesota weather don't you know. Everything is as he bought it except for the wear and tear to the guitar and the case [Really beat,all the latches work but this guitar saw a lot of roadwork......... I have certainly seen worse.][Handle replaced] Schallers on at one time [Holes not filled] now the original tuners are back on and they work just fine. Small headstock crack [Not break] from the low E tuner on the back to the G it is and has been stable with no movement since it happened..........and it is not visible anywhere on the front of the headstock Electronics are clean with no unwanted noise,pickups are the original Gibson Pat# humbuckers. What value would you place on the guitar? I KNOW what he is asking,what do you think. BTW it DOES Play and sound marvelous! Some PICs HERE
qgxaqxW.jpg
LY65SR7.jpg

Last edited:

fakejake

DIfficult to say from just this photo (especially given the headstock crack)
The bridge looks as if it is tilted a bit backwards.

AlienVintage

The two main factors keeping the price down would be:

1. Narrow (1 9/16 inch) nut (which this would definitely be).

2. Pickups. Despite what you will read everywhere on the web, these will be pre-T-top, if you took the covers off. But they will have the orange poly wire, which the current market turns its nose up at (not me, but the market, which basically considers the orange poly to be radioactive material).

Grog

I've had this 1967 ES-335, with factory Bigsby for over 20 years. I bought it used. It never had an orange label (being anal retentive, I put a NOS label in at the time) and it came with a "Custom" TRC. I assumed that it was because it was ordered with a Bigsby. I believe it had an FON number. Also, I've had a 1967 EB-2C since I was a kid. It also didn't have an orange label. I believe that it was special ordered to not have the hand rest. It didn't have one when I bought it used in 1974 & there were no holes from where it was removed. I believe this one might of had an FON number also. I think that I've only seen one other '67 with a factory Bigsby & "Custom" TRC.......... Does this one have an orange label?

pYFb5a5.jpg
BR6N5yz.jpg

BURSTGANG

As far as the orange "Label" yes it does have one.Here are some more photos.............tried to load them last night and this AM before work but the site did not take them so.............?????
AeoKU5a.jpg
EZiJrv2.jpg
2RhSaeW.jpg
bZXMAur.jpg
HN0XwSq.jpg
ahpDD1c.jpg
J0i3YkG.jpg
rjCSYr2.jpg
lyuom0E.jpg
SMW9h8x.jpg

marshall1987

Gibson made thousands of ES-335s in the late sixties. This is when quality control began to slip a little bit too. Deductions for the following issues: headstock break, Bigsby, extra tuner holes, heavy play wear, and poor OHSC.

So given the guitar's overall condition, I would estimate a value of around $2500.00. I would like to see photos of the pickup routes, the bottom of the pickups, and the face of the headstock.

The value is subject to change if in-hand inspection discloses more issues.