• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

G.E. Smith Jams on the Guitar That Killed Folk

Triburst

G.E. Smith gets to play the Bloomfield Telecaster! :dude:

deytookerjaabs

G.E. is one of my favorite players, would love to meet him one day.

Watching him play over tunes on youtube on his recent tours is real treat. It's hard to describe these things, but what I love is his overly tasteful approach and use of all the raw guitar tones available. He can take a two minute solo somewhere special without just doing MOAR VIBRATO WEEDLEEE WEE at the golden mean. It just sounds like one of those amazing guitar tracks you'd hear on a classic record that's just about perfect. There's a mountain of guys with facility but few who can do what he does in the way he approaches it and at the same time you don't FEEL like you're hearing one cliche after the other etc..

joeh77

Just saw G.E. live with Masters of the Telecaster a few weeks ago! G.E., Jim Weider (who's '52 I've had the chance to play a while back), and, surprisingly, Snowy White, who didn't even play a Tele at all that night! G. E. is a guitar historian, for sure!

becks bolero

yeah that was an awesome clip!!

GE was great with Roger Waters live, too. playing bass, mandolin and guitar, I think?