The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Strat "junior"

  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,646

    Strat "junior"

    I am a huge P90 fan and as it happens I don't own a P90 guitar right now

    But look what I found in my parts drawer: A 1954 P90 pickup.



    One of my favorite guitars is a heavily modded American Stratocaster and I have ordered a blank pickguard which I will cut for the P90: Neck position, one pickup only. Stay tuned

    Of course I will keep the other loaded pickguard, which I made easy to swap with quick connectors.


  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,204

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Yes. Keep us posted on this!
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,646

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Done! Filing the guard went well and the sound is just to die for.
    Lots of sounds out of the two pots even with one pickup.

    Gallery of the modding process:
    https://spark.adobe.com/page/Qmw6ivyoFAhM4/


  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,646

    Re: Strat "junior"

    So, today came my new Tele, a rare Korina body Mahogany neck MIJ P90 Tokai and the Strat got it's old pickguard back - because the old P90 had to go in that beauty and it sounds sensational. More later.




  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    So, today came my new Tele, a rare Korina body Mahogany neck MIJ P90 Tokai and the Strat got it's old pickguard back - because the old P90 had to go in that beauty and it sounds sensational. More later.



    killer stuff man!

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,204

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Haha, so the strat is back to stock again? Too bad, it looked awesome (but either of those two guitars is cool as hell, and I think a neck P-90 mod on a tele makes more sense than a humbucker mod)
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Member hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,646

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Quote Originally Posted by thin sissy View Post
    Haha, so the strat is back to stock again? Too bad, it looked awesome (but either of those two guitars is cool as hell, and I think a neck P-90 mod on a tele makes more sense than a humbucker mod)
    I only have one vintage P90, so I took it out of the mint Strat guard. Will either put the black one from the Tokai in or do something else with it. Swapable pickguards are the coolest feature on a Strat.

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,204

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    I only have one vintage P90, so I took it out of the mint Strat guard. Will either put the black one from the Tokai in or do something else with it. Swapable pickguards are the coolest feature on a Strat.
    Whatever you go with is awesome man, I wasn't that serious. BTW, the one P-90 in neck pos on a strat is the only one I've ever seen. Did you come up with that?
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,620

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Did you route the body to fit that P-90?
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,646

    Re: Strat "junior"

    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Did you route the body to fit that P-90?
    No, see the gallery above.

    Yup. It was my idea with the single neck P90, I am a neck player.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!