• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Strat "junior"

hoss

I am a huge P90 fan and as it happens I don't own a P90 guitar right now :dang

But look what I found in my parts drawer: A 1954 P90 pickup.

54p90.jpg

One of my favorite guitars is a heavily modded American Stratocaster and I have ordered a blank pickguard which I will cut for the P90: Neck position, one pickup only. Stay tuned :)

Of course I will keep the other loaded pickguard, which I made easy to swap with quick connectors.

1288794931_ash.jpg

hoss

So, today came my new Tele, a rare Korina body Mahogany neck MIJ P90 Tokai and the Strat got it's old pickguard back - because the old P90 had to go in that beauty and it sounds sensational. More later.

:)

t150p90.jpg

Pellman73

So, today came my new Tele, a rare Korina body Mahogany neck MIJ P90 Tokai and the Strat got it's old pickguard back - because the old P90 had to go in that beauty and it sounds sensational. More later.

:)

t150p90.jpg

killer stuff man!

thin sissy

Haha, so the strat is back to stock again? Too bad, it looked awesome (but either of those two guitars is cool as hell, and I think a neck P-90 mod on a tele makes more sense than a humbucker mod) :dude:

hoss

Haha, so the strat is back to stock again? Too bad, it looked awesome (but either of those two guitars is cool as hell, and I think a neck P-90 mod on a tele makes more sense than a humbucker mod) :dude:

I only have one vintage P90, so I took it out of the mint Strat guard. Will either put the black one from the Tokai in or do something else with it. Swapable pickguards are the coolest feature on a Strat.

thin sissy

I only have one vintage P90, so I took it out of the mint Strat guard. Will either put the black one from the Tokai in or do something else with it. Swapable pickguards are the coolest feature on a Strat.
Whatever you go with is awesome man, I wasn't that serious. BTW, the one P-90 in neck pos on a strat is the only one I've ever seen. Did you come up with that?

J T

Did you route the body to fit that P-90?