• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

One Minute Lick Series (mostly Blues, Jump, Rockabilly and Western Swing)

JimFog

Hey kids,

I've been doing a Youtube series called "One Minute Licks", where I do a short concise, hip lick and then break it down slowly and clearly for you.

The first one is a Jan Hammer/Beck/McLaughlin bendy thing.......but after that, I've been concentrating on blues, jump blues, rockabilly and western swing, by request.

Hope you enjoy. Please subscribe on Youtube, if you do.......and feel free to shoot me any requests!

Andrew

These are great Jim! I especially liked the Les Paul/Gatton one. Would love to see more of those!

JimFog

Back with another One Minute Lick! This time it's a sweet B minor Ronnie Earl meets Django and Tbone thang.

Hope you enjoy....and if so, please subscribe to my Youtube channel, and feel free to request or suggest others!

JimFog

Here's another fun, swingy lick for you guys......featuring some ideas I've heard from Hollywood Fats, Paul Pigat and others. Lots of pull-offs, chromatic and diminished lines. Enjoy!

JimFog

Sorry......no Gibsons today, but still.....a fun, new One Minute Lick for you!

JimFog

Another One Minute Lick!...this time with some more Jump Blues and Western Swing .....although you can use this over any kind of blues, if you're adventurous enough.

Andrew

inspired by JimFog

I want to share this Gatton/Burton solo of Fools Rush In (James Burton - Guitar Sounds)

JimFog

Sorry for the hiatus, but we're BACK with another One Minute Lick!

Since you guys seem to enjoy the swing lines, here's a fun, easy V to 1 lick in G, for your Western Swing and Jump Blues needs.