• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

It's stuff like this (especially the friendships) that keeps me coming back!

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Such a cool amp, congrats Charlie!

And for relationships... well, I would say that any kind of social network or forum distorts the way we really are. We might come across as something totally different, and in fact that seems to happen more often than not. It's just a problem of this medium. Typing does not convey you facial expression, your mood, or event (dare I say it...) your tone. Speaking on the phone helps big time, and even more some kind of video conference solution (ie. Skype). And of course the best option is meeting real life, but how could you meet so many people from so many different locations? Well, that's where I have found Arlington to be the most enjoyable option. Been there a couple of times and enjoyed it BIG time, could not recommend enough. It really helped me differentiate the good guys, from the not-so-nice ones. In my case it is an expensive trip from Europe, but still totally worth it because of the opportunity to meet people I now consider friends. Honestly I have spent here many many years, how could I not care about them?

And for John, all I can say is I am proud to call him a friend. A real friend. Someone I can call to share joy, when I am in doubt... he is a truly great guy. And he knows one or two things about Marshall amps...

Triburst

Wow, Charlie -- that is one cool Marshall amp!

I've always followed John's posts (as F-Hole and in previous incarnations) because IMO he's the go-to guy on Marshall amps (especially combos). The cool thing about him is that even though he's shaking his head in disbelief at my post in another thread, it's never personal, and he would be the first to offer advice on a vintage "Bluesbreaker" for me. We share some great mutual (internet) friends. Plus, we can compare tropical bonefishing stories, which is always a blast.

I've been here over about 14 years, but didn't sign up and actually post until I had read the forum for about two years. What a resource this place has been! Now I look around my office/studio at all these guitars and amps and realize you guys have cost me a small fortune! Thank you!:salude

Pellman73

I'm going to add to this thread, I guess rather hijack it

I bought a guitar off reverb from Kris (AKA Fried Okra) about a year ago. He didn't know me from adam. But I"ve kept in touch with him, and he's done a couple really cool things. The first was that I asked him if he knew anything about this scar on the back of the neck (its a Duane)... he didn't... but then a few months later I get a pic from him as he was in the presence of the original one-- and what do you know-- the scar was there! (oddly Tom Murphy did not put this scar on all of them-- in fact I"m not sure how many he did put on them-- it looks like the guitar was left up against a radiator-- some have said its a stand but it looks more burnt than that.

well the other thing was more recent-- I shot him an email saying "hey if you ever see on of those custom shop wall display cases let me know!" last week he shoots me an email-- Boom! an early 2000's custom shop wall frame. for dirt cheap and in great condition

Anyhow I have learned so much here and feel I have made some friends but I've yet to meet anyone in real life-- yet. Some day I hope to.... but I just wanted to say that Kris has been a real gentleman and a scholar and friend! This is hopefully adding to the happy stories here

but yea-- its stuff like this that keeps me coming back too

Black58

I don't know what happened, and I don't care. I'm just saying hello because I remember you being a good guy. A little gainy on your clips :spabout, but a good guy. :salude ... Friendship is king! :jim

DoubleBoogie

The only thing cooler than that rig is the story behind it. Two really cool gentlemen for sure!