• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

B & G Little Sister Build Thread

renderit

I licked it so just send it here. You don't want the germs and all.

Pellman73

I licked it so just send it here. You don't want the germs and all.

nope. As a doctor who stayed at a holiday in express I have much faith in the immune system. What you've done is something we call in the medial world "antigen presentation". This means that now I'm completely immune to you, just like I'm immune to my cat and spider dander.

Pellman73

well it came today! I'm thrilled!

Kickbukers are hum cancelling. maybe saying "noiseless" is wrong semantically. I'm guessing it is...?

it sounds great too. what a fun experience. I highly recommend it.

=

Pellman73

one other cool pic--

you get the scale here-- it is really not that different in size from a les paul. I thought it would maybe be smaller

its 8lbs Oz

renderit

It is beautiful! Bet it sounds great as well. Love the necks on them! Play it bro!

corpse

Saw your text- thanks doc. I looks funk a delic. They don’t sound like I expect them to sound. What’s the preferred rig with the B&G.

renderit

They make ANYTHING sound good! Seriously. I have not found one amp yet they don't make sing! Whatever you preference of amp type, the B&G guitar will not make you regret it. The basses are the same way. I have not played one of their Step-Sisters yet but I understand they are the same way.

They NAIL the tone in my head better than anything else.

Pellman73

Saw your text- thanks doc. I looks funk a delic. They don’t sound like I expect them to sound. What’s the preferred rig with the B&G.

Thanks man

yea I”m not sure yet. I played it only thru the Carr Merc V yesterday and it sounded awesome

the neck Kickbucker sounds awesome ! I may go as far as to say that if a Les Paul (as some say) is a tele on steroids I’d say the B&G neck is like a strat on steroids. Really great neck tones. I guess that would also be perhaps what a P-90 les paul neck sounds like to. Me like

I’m guessing its going to sound outstanding thru the Jim Kelley. The single coil guitars sound particularly good thru that. I have to use it sparingly because I’m deaf for a day or two after playing it. But its worth it!

corpse

I listened to the clips on youtube and the ones somebody posted on LPF. With those P-90 looking PU's and the hollow body how is it with hum and feedback?

Pellman73

I listened to the clips on youtube and the ones somebody posted on LPF. With those P-90 looking PU's and the hollow body how is it with hum and feedback?

mine are their hum cancelling Kickbuckers (hum cancelling P-90s that they make. you get three pup options. those, p-90s or humbuckers) so you don't hear any hum.

and the feedback doesn't seem bad at all from my experience so far.

renderit

I have not had a problem with it and judging by the number of professionals using them not too many others are either. Joe Walsh is using several (including their Step Sister solid body!) on the current Eagles tour and Carmine Rojas (bass player for David Bowie tribute band and David Bowie's (last??) bass player) is using them on tour. I have seen many in professional situations on YouTube.

renderit

So wadda ya think Mr. Pellman? Now that you have plonked on it for a few I am dying to hear! I absolutely adore the damn things but I am seeking confirmation I am not completely insane...

On mine I kinda go into a 'different place' when I am playing. I do stuff I don't do when I am playing other guitars. I have no idea why, it just kinds flows with the thing.

Pellman73

So wadda ya think Mr. Pellman? Now that you have plonked on it for a few I am dying to hear! I absolutely adore the damn things but I am seeking confirmation I am not completely insane...

On mine I kinda go into a 'different place' when I am playing. I do stuff I don't do when I am playing other guitars. I have no idea why, it just kinds flows with the thing.

I love it. I haven't had a chance to play it that much through a bunch of different amps yet but I will say that it begs to be played. maybe its the size or something but even acoustically I just grab it and noodle on the couch with it. It begs to be held.

the fit/finish of the neck and fretwork and all of that is really pretty awesome. I love the neck profile. I did drop the action a little bit from the stock

I'm just thrilled with the whole outcome. Something like this could have been a disappointment because of the anticipation but I just love it and will for years.

I really think for the price its a steal.

my braz board is really really dark and nice too (that was a request they fulfilled)

renderit

After these and a previous Collings 360ST with the SOFT-V that neck shape is definitely my favorite. My R5 approaches it without really being one (it is more of an oval with the sharpest section of the curve down). It is much more comfortable and reduces fatigue for me. It also gives me more leverage. I have also come to the conclusion that I may prefer unbound necks as well but that may be just because none of my V's are bound.

I also think their pickups are sterling! And the fact they weigh nothing just kills it. I am nuts about them. And I also feel they COULD charge more for the quality they are putting out.

I am eagerly awaiting my Prototype amp. I think between that and the Revival drive on the left and my Clubman or Clark Piedmont on the right channel I may reach TOTAL TONAL NIRVANA©®℗™℞℉Ω........

Pellman73

After these and a previous Collings 360ST with the SOFT-V that neck shape is definitely my favorite. My R5 approaches it without really being one (it is more of an oval with the sharpest section of the curve down). It is much more comfortable and reduces fatigue for me. It also gives me more leverage. I have also come to the conclusion that I may prefer unbound necks as well but that may be just because none of my V's are bound.

I also think their pickups are sterling! And the fact they weigh nothing just kills it. I am nuts about them. And I also feel they COULD charge more for the quality they are putting out.

I am eagerly awaiting my Prototype amp. I think between that and the Revival drive on the left and my Clubman or Clark Piedmont on the right channel I may reach TOTAL TONAL NIRVANA©®℗™℞℉Ω........

NO DOUBT

(btw do you have the Kickbuckers or the P-90s... or YES (both)

yea the unbounded- ed ed neck is VERY nice. I didn’t think about the binding part but now that Chad mention it (my Fender Dale Wilson masterbuilt has a super sexy strat (61)neck w braz board and might be my favorite)

what do yours weigh? I would still say mine is not a “light” guitar... its 8lbs. Its mentally feeling light because of the body but —- that Whitfill tele is light (that extra pound seems like a lot)

renderit

Yes, both. P90's in now.
36474061046_7b0fec0fff_z.jpg

36352553352_62c314c38b_k.jpg

36520484435_d07820506e_b.jpg