The Fender Forum
LPF Facebook Page
LPF Instagram Page
NEW Merchandise!
Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Please Make a Donation to the Les Paul Forum to Keep it Going!

Stolen Bolin, Heritage and Winfield

I had 4 guitars and an amp stolen... among them were:

One off Bolin branded 1958 Les Paul type guitar. RECOVERED!!!!

one of a kind, 1989 Heritage STAT DLX. Carved flame maple top in Antique Cherry Burst finish. Black Kahler Spyder tremolo. Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in bridge position wound by Maricela Juarez marked "JBJ" on the underside. 2 Seymour Duncan "classic stacks" in the middle and neck positions. Trapezoid inlays on the neck instead of the standard production dots. Binding on the neck instead of the standard unbound neck. No tummy cut on the back of the guitar (unlike the standard production). Serial number is: F18602 also stamped "made in Kalamazoo MI, USA" Last seen in black rectangular Heritage guitars case.

Winfield 5e3 head with black faceplate natural wood box and blue front.

These items were stolen January 3rd in Columbus MICHIGAN
    Last edited by DucRyder; 07-30-20 at 07:12 PM.
    "Runnin' with the Devil's advocate"

Re: Stolen Bolin, Heritage and Winfield

Message sent

Les Paul Forum Member

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9061362587049/

Is this it? Saw it listed and found your post when doing research couldent see a SN

Les Paul Forum Member

I think i have too little posts here. Can someone message the OP?

I attempted to send him a private message I came across the same post as you did. The original poster is not responding. The person selling the guitar obviously does not know what he has

Les Paul Forum Member

Hey OP. I saw the guitar locally in the Warren area last night and messaged the guy. Saw your post while I was researching it this morning. I met him 10 minutes ago and informed him it was stolen after confirming the serial number on the case. He seemed apologetic and says it was given to him by his step mother. I have his phone number and license plate number. Send me a private message and I'll share that with you. Hopefully you'll be able to get it back.

Les Paul Forum Member

It sold already surprise. I was trying to hold him off untill tomorrow so the OP could get on here...... he claimed it was his deceased fathers and he dident play guitar.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Afireinsideme744 View Post
    It sold already surprise. I was trying to hold him off untill tomorrow so the OP could get on here...... he claimed it was his deceased fathers and he dident play guitar.

It's not "sold" I met with the person listing it and informed them that it was stolen, he took the listing down immediately after we met. I reached out to the St Clair County Sheriff to relay the current possessors phone number and info to OP.

Les Paul Forum Member

Dude awesome! I was stuck at work untill the morning i dident want him to dissapear if i told him it was stolen on FB. I was trying to meet him tomorrow to do the same. Man i hope the OP gets it back! At least one back.....

Quote Originally Posted by srt View Post
    Hey OP. I saw the guitar locally in the Warren area last night and messaged the guy. Saw your post while I was researching it this morning. I met him 10 minutes ago and informed him it was stolen after confirming the serial number on the case. He seemed apologetic and says it was given to him by his step mother. I have his phone number and license plate number. Send me a private message and I'll share that with you. Hopefully you'll be able to get it back.
    Thank you so much.... I have the State Police Officer's email that took the case I can pass that along. Wish we could have recovered it... the Bolin gold top right? I don't use Facebook so couldn't see the pic. I sent you a private message

Dude awesome! I was stuck at work untill the morning i dident want him to dissapear if i told him it was stolen on FB. I was trying to meet him tomorrow to do the same. Man i hope the OP gets it back! At least one back.....
    Thank you for your efforts! I would certainly do the same for all of you were it reversed.

There were two theives, one male and one female.... we could tell by the foot prints in the snow. The guys "stepmother" may be one of them. either way I hope the State Police get these scumbags and my guitars back. I never collected the insurance because to me these can never be replaced. I want them back. Thank you for helping in that effort.

It's not "sold" I met with the person listing it and informed them that it was stolen, he took the listing down immediately after we met. I reached out to the St Clair County Sheriff to relay the current possessors phone number and info to OP.

Very cool! Amen brother!

There ya go...
    Last edited by DucRyder; 07-25-20 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twes006 View Post
    Message sent
    I want to thank you as well for trying to contact me.

Les Paul Forum Member

Shit i just looked his profile is deactivated on Face Book now...... Hell even at $550 i would have bought it and gave it to you...... Any progress? I keep trying to message him to see if he would still meet up w me but no go im trying to not let him know i know its stolen..... i was asking trying to see if he had other gear. Maybe the rest of your missing stuff?

EDIT: tried sending another message now it wont let me.....

I was kind of hopeing his dad may have bought it unknowingly and did pass away. Since its been almost 2 years now. But apparently not....
    Last edited by Afireinsideme744; 07-25-20 at 08:17 AM.

Shit i just looked his profile is deactivated on Face Book now...... Hell even at $550 i would have bought it and gave it to you...... Any progress? I keep trying to message him to see if he would still meet up w me but no go im trying to not let him know i know its stolen..... i was asking trying to see if he had other gear. Maybe the rest of your missing stuff?

EDIT: tried sending another message now it wont let me.....

I was kind of hopeing his dad may have bought it unknowingly and did pass away. Since its been almost 2 years now. But apparently not....
    I do wish one of you would've grabbed it if it was $550, I surely would've bought it back. It would've been nice for the MSP to meet up with him as well. They have all his info, but I'm sure he's busy burning my things as we speak to destroy the evidence.

At the end of the day I'm just glad we have a lead. If anyone has a screen shot of his ad or knows how to use the wayback machine etc. to get it that might help.

Les Paul Forum Member

I do have screenshots! Email me afireinsideme7444@yahoo.com ill send them your way pics of the guitar and of his profile picture.

Im afraid they are burned or in a random dumpster in warren i that area? Shit if i werent at work id go dumpster dive for you today...... this pisses me off

I do have screenshots! Email me afireinsideme7444@yahoo.com ill send them your way pics of the guitar and of his profile picture.

Im afraid they are burned or in a random dumpster in warren i that area? Shit if i werent at work id go dumpster dive for you today...... this pisses me off
    Thank you, email sent.

What's blowing me away is that 3 of you apparently got memberships just to help a fellow musician out... one of you even went and met up with the possible perp You are amazing people!
    Last edited by DucRyder; 07-25-20 at 01:36 PM.

No one but the thieves know whats what, so I'll let the MSP work it out.... its what my taxes pay for. It's good to know there are decent people who will flag this kind of stuff instead of hustling down there to buy stuff they KNOW is stolen. Good on ALL of you that gave help!
    Last edited by DucRyder; 07-25-20 at 02:46 PM.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DucRyder View Post
    No one but the thieves know whats what, so I'll let the MSP work it out.... its what my taxes pay for. It's good to know there are decent people who will flag this kind of stuff instead of hustling down there to buy stuff they KNOW is stolen. Good on ALL of you that gave help!

Oh I was hustling to buy it before I knew it was stolen.

Oh I was hustling to buy it before I knew it was stolen.
    you shoulda grabbed it if you had the cash.... you would've had an amazing guitar and if your conscience got to you I'd be more than happy to reimburse you plus for retrieving it. I hope the police can retrieve it and much more of our belongings. They stole a lot of stuff

Les Paul Forum Member

I definitely was hustling to grab it for myself at first. Then found this thread and been trying to gather as much info as possible. Just hope it comes home some how

I had him on the hook for 500 and when I was doing research I seen this post. I created an account to try and get ahold of the OP. I should have bought the guitar when He offered to meet me.. sorry I let it get away. I have messaged him to see if he would respond but no luck. Still hoping you somehow get that beauty back where it belongs in your hands. 🎸

Michigan State Police got to visit with Sam and ask a few questions before grabbing "the Mule" ON THE WAY BACK HOME AS I TYPE!!!

THANK YOU!!!

I am so glad that you got the Mule back!!! It is definitely a beautiful guitar

dbl post

Thanks again guys, heres my Heritage if she comes up for air

Quote Originally Posted by Twes006 View Post
    Message sent
    I think i have too little posts here. Can someone message the OP?