• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

This may be weirdest guitar I've ever saw.

Thundermtn

Check this thing out, I kind of want to try one just for the novelty of it. I bet it's pretty light weight too.

JJ Blair

I was probed with something very similar looking during my alien abduction.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I saw the Gittler guitar at a NAMM show in the late 70s. I believe Allan was there discussing it and offering it for potential dealers.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Too bad Charles Napier isn't still alive -- I'll bet he could play some pretty groovy futuristic jams on the Gittler.

hqdefault.jpg

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I get the feeling that Allan Holdsworth would've been all over this thing... :peace2

Pretty cool, but not for $7,500.00??? :bug

jwguitar

Ive played on of the old ones at a guitar show about 10 years ago. It was interesting. I think you really need to 'learn' how to play these things and get comfortable with them. I didn't have that much luck since I'm used to playing regular solid bodies or es-335 style guitars.

jtees4

Never played one, but I've been aware of them. Those are made just a few miles from my house, I really have to stop by one day and see if they'll let me in to take a look around. I've been meaning to for awhile...and always forget.