• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Celestion Speaker Code DatingHelp

Bygone_Tones

OK, I appreciate it thanks. Yeah I thought the 16 Ohm label would be early for July 68, not impossible, but would be the first I've seen. From April 68 to July 68 they tend to have the 15 Ohm 20w label, but they put a little square '25' sticker over the top of the '20' on the label. Usually its fallen off and just a bit of sticker residue remains as evidence it was once there. You might find it in the bottom of the cab.

Stu

So the frames are the usual colour, not a deeper gold like these?

925422_949345128491865_1825466163_n.jpg

Bygone_Tones

Yes they are the standard frames, he showed me the photos. I think the gold frames like those were only made on one particular day in 68. They always have the same date code on them 08GA. It's as if they ran out of the standard frames on that particular day, or maybe they were celebrating something. Very cool looking speakers whatever the story.

marfen

figured out it was wired up 4 ohms...going back to 16

Last edited: