• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

As old as me........Greco Gold Top

StuartC

_DSC1064.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Always been a Les Paul man, and had four a one point but sadly due to financial reasons had to sell all but one (just posted pics in the Sunburst Pub). So have now managed to gather a few good Japanese Greco's...... '89 Custom EGC68-50, '93 EGC59-70, and now this '78 Gold Top. I have no idea what model it is, as I'm pretty sure that it has been refinished to look like it does now, and couldn't really identify anything from the pickups.
It plays really nicely and I've just fitted CTS TVT pots, PIO caps, Faber aluminium bridge, Faber Tailpiece, and these magnificent Monty's PAF pickups.........enjoy the pics
_DSC1075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0934.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0938.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0948.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0957.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0959.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0970.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0981.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jwguitar

_DSC1064.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Always been a Les Paul man, and had four a one point but sadly due to financial reasons had to sell all but one (just posted pics in the Sunburst Pub). So have now managed to gather a few good Japanese Greco's...... '89 Custom EGC68-50, '93 EGC59-70, and now this '78 Gold Top. I have no idea what model it is, as I'm pretty sure that it has been refinished to look like it does now, and couldn't really identify anything from the pickups.
It plays really nicely and I've just fitted CTS TVT pots, PIO caps, Faber aluminium bridge, Faber Tailpiece, and these magnificent Monty's PAF pickups.........enjoy the pics
_DSC1075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0934.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0938.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0948.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0957.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0959.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0970.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0981.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Those old Greco guitars are great they hardly ever show up in America. That color is dead on!