• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

62 Les Paul Jr

1962 LP/SG Jr.

Hello All ,
I have a 62Les Paul Jr /SG Mine is white and i always thought it was orignal finish ...If you take the back cover off the controls it is white too. A buddy of mine said there was no way to get a white LP/JR they were all cherry red . I am kinda bummed ...this guitar has quite a few dings in it and you cannot see any red . So if they refinished it they stripped it to bare wood . I only paid $200 for it in 1983,and when I got it , the P-90 was gone and it was routed and a humbucker was installed ...it sounds like Angus LOL

My question is . could you get a white LP jr in 1962????

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
There shouldn't be any LP Jrs in white, but with Gibson, anything is possible.
Please post photos of the guitar, including a clear close up of the "Les Paul Junior" logo on the face of the headstock.

renderit

Is the pickup route white?

Yes ---> There's your answer.
No ---> Can you see the edges of the cut?
................Yes ---> Can you see red?
.............................................Yes ---> There's your answer.
................No ---> Dammit!

frazettafan

They did them in TV yellow so I always thought white would be a possibility? Any photos?