• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" music

Xpensive Wino

Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" music

0119rock.jpg

Testosterone levels could affect your musical choice, new research finds, and those with more testosterone in their bodies may be more into rock music.

The study, published online in Personality and Individual Differences, found a correlation between personality type and musical choice, and hypothesized that hormone levels could be the ultimate cause of this connection.

The study failed to find a link between testosterone levels and musical taste in female volunteers, but for males a clear link soon emerged.

Higher testosterone levels in males was linked with a preference for a type of music that the researchers labeled as “unsophisticated.”

Individuals with lower testosterone levels were more inclined to enjoy what the researchers labeled as “sophisticated music,” a genre that included both classical and jazz.

Lead study author Hirokazu Doi, of Nagasaki University, explained that if testosterone does influence musical choice, this could mean other hormone levels could influence other aspects of our personality, such as our interest in art and music, New Scientist reported.

http://www.newsweek.com/psychology-testosterone-rock-music-jazz-785506

corpse

Re: Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" mu

Sophisticated music leads to un hot chicks.

Cliff Gress

Re: Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" mu

We fucked like bunnies listening to Stooges and MC5 in Detroit!

jrgtr42

So what that does that mean for those of us that listen to everything from classical to death metal? (except most country and most rap?)
I listen to plenty of what may be deemed sophisticated, and plenty that would not... though it takes as much skill to write and play metal as classical...

Roger65

Correlation is not causation.

Cliff Gress

Actually listening to unsophisticated music raises your testosterone levels.

musekatcher

Correlation is not causation.

That would be, association is not correlation, which is not causation. Amateur hour article.

SpencerD

Who exactly is this fucking assclown who wrote the article? What are his bona fides? Is he just a corporate flunky and/or an innovative research journalist?

Yeah .... we know....a fucking assclown. :hank

Lorris007

I always knew that the level of testosterone can really affect your musical preferences. But despite all the evidence from researchers, we certainly can't really believe it. Just think about it. Here is, for example, my case: a month ago, my testosterone dropped very much for some reason, but all my life I listened and will listen to rock, I love this genre of music very much. So, you think that after my testosterone dropped I started listening to more jazz and classical music. Hell no. I first came across an article about testogen written by Nicholas from Docarzt and realized that I need to order these tablets. But my taste in music has not changed at all.

Last edited:

jb_abides

Does a preference for Prog Rock lead to Low-T?!:hmm

Texas Blues

I always knew that the level of testosterone can really affect your musical preferences.

I reckon that to be for true.

Playa.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Omgf9WuGwq8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

jb_abides

I reckon that to be for true.

Playa.

Never gets old for me.... Beyond being one of the most fantastic scenes ever, there's 3 major talents bringing very different yet tone-perfect comedic performances to the screen. :salude

Texas Blues

Never gets old for me.... Beyond being one of the most fantastic scenes ever, there's 3 major talents bringing very different yet tone-perfect comedic performances to the screen. :salude

Welcome to the goody room.

Swingin' past your knees!

I don't reckon my doctor.

Can even prescribe that much testosterone.

Then again.

How does a doctor.

Write a prescription.

For Motorhead.

S a m

The study, published online in Personality and Individual Differences, found a correlation between personality type and musical choice, and hypothesized that hormone levels could be the ultimate cause of this connection.
They need to meet this guy. He's the creator of some of the most sophisticated music ever written. He's also the father of twenty-one children.

220px-Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg

"Study that."