The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar

Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" music

Testosterone levels could affect your musical choice, new research finds, and those with more testosterone in their bodies may be more into rock music.

The study, published online in Personality and Individual Differences, found a correlation between personality type and musical choice, and hypothesized that hormone levels could be the ultimate cause of this connection.

The study failed to find a link between testosterone levels and musical taste in female volunteers, but for males a clear link soon emerged.

Higher testosterone levels in males was linked with a preference for a type of music that the researchers labeled as “unsophisticated.”

Individuals with lower testosterone levels were more inclined to enjoy what the researchers labeled as “sophisticated music,” a genre that included both classical and jazz.

Lead study author Hirokazu Doi, of Nagasaki University, explained that if testosterone does influence musical choice, this could mean other hormone levels could influence other aspects of our personality, such as our interest in art and music, New Scientist reported.

http://www.newsweek.com/psychology-t...ic-jazz-785506

Re: Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" mu

Sophisticated music leads to un hot chicks.

Re: Higher testosterone levels in males linked to preference for “unsophisticated" mu

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    Sophisticated music leads to un hot chicks.
    Intelligence is sexy.

Les Paul Forum Member Cliff Gress's Avatar

We fucked like bunnies listening to Stooges and MC5 in Detroit!

So what that does that mean for those of us that listen to everything from classical to death metal? (except most country and most rap?)
    I listen to plenty of what may be deemed sophisticated, and plenty that would not... though it takes as much skill to write and play metal as classical...
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Correlation is not causation.

Actually listening to unsophisticated music raises your testosterone levels.

Les Paul Forum Member musekatcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger65 View Post
    Correlation is not causation.
    That would be, association is not correlation, which is not causation. Amateur hour article.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Gress View Post
    Actually listening to unsophisticated music raises your testosterone levels.
    Exactly right!

Who exactly is this fucking assclown who wrote the article? What are his bona fides? Is he just a corporate flunky and/or an innovative research journalist?

Yeah .... we know....a fucking assclown.
    ​We Are The People We Have Been Waiting For

I always knew that the level of testosterone can really affect your musical preferences. But despite all the evidence from researchers, we certainly can't really believe it. Just think about it. Here is, for example, my case: a month ago, my testosterone dropped very much for some reason, but all my life I listened and will listen to rock, I love this genre of music very much. So, you think that after my testosterone dropped I started listening to more jazz and classical music. Hell no. I first came across an article about testogen written by Nicholas from Docarzt and realized that I need to order these tablets. But my taste in music has not changed at all.
    Last edited by Lorris007; 03-31-20 at 09:09 AM.

Does a preference for Prog Rock lead to Low-T?!

don’t be Square ..watch this one kool cats..yeah baby yeahhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS0t2bHozQ8

Les Paul Forum Member Texas Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorris007 View Post
    I always knew that the level of testosterone can really affect your musical preferences.
    I reckon that to be for true.

Playa.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
    I reckon that to be for true.

Playa.
    Never gets old for me.... Beyond being one of the most fantastic scenes ever, there's 3 major talents bringing very different yet tone-perfect comedic performances to the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    Does a preference for Prog Rock lead to Low-T?!
    I'm afraid so...!

Les Paul Forum Member Texas Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    Never gets old for me.... Beyond being one of the most fantastic scenes ever, there's 3 major talents bringing very different yet tone-perfect comedic performances to the screen.

Welcome to the goody room.

Swingin' past your knees!

I don't reckon my doctor.

Can even prescribe that much testosterone.

Then again.

How does a doctor.

Write a prescription.

For Motorhead.