• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD and question: ES330 61, figured with Bigsby

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
Picked it up at the CME sale. Great playing guitar, stays in tune, resonates beautifully and it's killer looking. A few tiny dings (floor model) and pick scratches, but nothing I couldn't do myself:hee

However, there is no serial number on it anywhere. It has the 5 digit number, and the description sounds like "historic"- hide glue and so on. But no number on the headstock and no label in the F hole. Anyone ever seen that before? Is there some secret place they brand these things?
eunv6alkquicj7pcvyzn.jpg

Don

There should be a number inked inside one of the f holes- like the FON number on the old ES-330s and no number on the headstock or label inside the guitar.

I bought a "floor model" (mine had never been on the floor or even played) ES-335 from CME in October. I'm really enjoying it.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
CME just got back to me, said the same thing-should be a faint stamp inside the treble F-hole.

Well, so far that didn't help. The number I see inside the treble F hole is "Q1175", not the same as the purported serial number "60xxx"???

Last edited:

rockabilly69

CME just got back to me, said the same thing-should be a faint stamp inside the treble F-hole.

Well, so far that didn't help. The number I see inside the treble F hole is "Q1175", not the same as the purported serial number "60xxx"???

No serial numbers on the ES30 reissues Dr just the FON stamp. Both my mine and forum member Professortwangs are the same way!

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
It IS pretty, it's light and it really resonates. Nice guitar all around.

And yeah, the FON makes sense: Q=1961, batch 1175...

mdubya

This is the only # on my 2012/2013 ES 330. Same number that appears on the COA.

The # on mine is a 2012 #. The packing list date is 1/15/2013. The T indicates the year, BTW.

aIBMNdY.jpg

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
Interestingly, mine has a theoretical 5 digit serial number in addition to the FON. It only appears on the COA. Weird but the model number on the COA is correct.

Jeff West

I was in CME in mid-November, played for quite a while what I strongly suspect is that very guitar, it was really nice- feel, sound, and looks!

I also enjoyed checking out the Brazilian Crest they had on the floor at that time, as I hadn't played one of those for decades.

Also, they still had just a few LPs on the wall to choose from.

Don

I'd get one of these if i didn't already have an ES-225. The nice thing about this sale was that I was able to buy an ES-335 and keep my ES-225. I had never dreamed of being able to do that!