• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New 2018 Les Paul Junior

Robinottawa

Picked up my new 2018 Gibson USA junior yesterday afternoon. Really nice playing guitar. Very resonant unplugged. Fat neck, offset bridge, proper sunburst finish with the opaque yellow, dark wine red back, step on the neck pocket at the cutaway, white button tuners. Really looks the part of a 50s junior.
The cons...circuit board electronics, 40s Gibson logo. Someone at Gibson was sleep deprived and put a "Les Paul Special" logo on it instead of a "Junior" one. No big deal...I'm replacing the logos with period correct versions like I did in my 2017 Traditional "Les Paul Model" logo thread a few m Maths back. Going to replace the electronics to something more period correct. I can't stand shiny nickel so I aged the parts a bit. Added gold knobs and pointers (came with black knobs), and added an aged set of three on a plate tuners (came with singles- but they were white button at least). Makes me want to buy the SG Junior!
suYcmJdl.jpg

dCv0EXJl.jpg

OaY6ZN6l.jpg

3kKBJu9l.jpg

Brian Krashpad

CONGRATS!

But bloody hell, how are people in general ever gonna get the Junior Vs. Special dichotomy down (it ain't rocket science: 1 pickup = Junior, 2 = Special) if Gibson itself keeps muddying the waters and fecking it up?

Rant over. Cool guitar, have fun!