• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Fender American Original Series to replace AVRI..

Mudman

Am I the only one that likes 7.25” radius necks? It’s a big reason I went for the avri ‘52.

P.Walker

I would like to know that as well... kinda of a deal breaker if that is the case...

Seems to make the Nash Light Relic's more desirable to me....

No humbucker route. Why would they do that?

Nash relics IMO were always off and poorly done again, IMO. Probably the light relics are better by virtue of being "light."

Whatever it comes down to, I hesitate to pay those prices for essentially a distressed copy.

P.Walker

Am I the only one that likes 7.25” radius necks? It’s a big reason I went for the avri ‘52.

The small frets accompany the rounder radius so to most players, the vernacular means the same.

To those in the know, lower frets cause more drag for vibrato bends, rounder radii fret out more at the same action, ceteris paribus.

Good techs can take the 7.25" refret with bigger wire, and do a "stealth" radius on the frets so that you can have your cake and eat it too.

For some, nothing will do and they will plane the boards to 12" and refret with dunlop 6000s.

For me personally, because of my setup parameters (dead flat neck- and I mean absolutely zero relif), 4/64 action, I can do 7.25" with decent sized frets without fretting out via help of some clever fretwork. It's fun to set up a vintage strat this way. You have to take care of every single detail, but once it's dialed in, it's magic. Even the bridge spacing and strings falling off...once you get it right, it's like a beautiful feeling of always living and playing on the edge.

But for most, the above is a hassle.

Truth be told, regarding the 7.25" I like the way it looks more than the way it feels, which is to really say, I don't really prefer it over much.

Frets, and the playing surface which the string sees is infinitely more important to me.

The fretting out thing is always a pet peeve of mine because even a vintage strat with low relief and medium action will not fret out above 12-15th frets (only those with terrible frets and poor setup with do that), it's usually at the 5-9 area where the higher next fret clearance is pretty evident because of the flatter playing surface (the frets themselves).

stevechilders

No humbucker route. Why would they do that?

Nash relics IMO were always off and poorly done again, IMO. Probably the light relics are better by virtue of being "light."

Whatever it comes down to, I hesitate to pay those prices for essentially a distressed copy.

I would prefer that the strat body by only routed for the single coils... personal preference...

I would agree that some of the early nash's were sort of hit & miss ( so are some fender custom shop guitars as well). I played a bunch of them in the Dallas / Ft worth Area last summer & all 5 were pretty good...