• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

good post on E.C's Black Beauty?

Jon Brook

Can someone post me a link to some decent info on Eric's Black Beauty please?
Have done a search but cant find anything.

Jon

VamboRool

Robb Lawrence's "The Early Years Of The Les Paul Legacy 1915-1963" book has some info on it. It's a 1958 and I think Albert Lee still has it. If you can't find the book, PM me and give me an e-mail address and I can scan the pages and forward them to you.

Last edited:

VamboRool

According to the book LP Custom 8 6320 was used during the recording of "Sunshine Of Your Love".

Tarcisioo

Disraeli Gears session in New York. I always heard that Strange Brew was the LPC straight trough the desk, no amp at all

Also some people say a strat was used on the album

Tarcisioo

I don't know if it is the same guitar, but he used a LPC with Delaney and Bonnie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y4DbsNsK3jY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TM1

He actually had two. The one he bought in May of 1966 @ Manny's. It was used on Disraeli Gears and one that he traded a sunburst for to Paul Kossoff in 1969. It's the one without covers that he uses with Delaney & Bonnie and also in Derek & The Dominos.
The Cream era one he gave to Albert Lee and Albert still owns it!

JJ Blair

Albert brought the Cream one to Gun Club one night, and I played it for a minute. Just a minute, but still...

mistersnappy

He actually had two. The one he bought in May of 1966 @ Manny's. It was used on Disraeli Gears and one that he traded a sunburst for to Paul Kossoff in 1969. It's the one without covers that he uses with Delaney & Bonnie and also in Derek & The Dominos.
The Cream era one he gave to Albert Lee and Albert still owns it!

If I may, the first was probably bought in May of 1967, as Eric was still with Mayall in May of '66 and there's no evidence that he had been to America before Cream's first visit. :dude:

chasenblues

studio.jpg

I'm guessing this is it?

albert-lee-performs-on-stage-with-eric-clapton-at-ahoy-rotterdam-picture-id144553430

The Shifter

Another question. Did Clapton use his LPC to record the Blind Faith album? Or was it the 335? Or the tele with a Strat neck?

Mars Hall

Talk about tripping hazard! That looks like the Tele with the Strat neck. EC used that at the Hyde Park concert with Blind Faith.

I had heard hat this was the neck that migrated to Blackie?

SpencerD

I went to a John Fogerty show when Albert Lee was touring with him. Albert pretty much played that Custom the whole night.Sitting on the drum riser too. :yah:spabout

TM1

If I may, the first was probably bought in May of 1967, as Eric was still with Mayall in May of '66 and there's no evidence that he had been to America before Cream's first visit. :dude:

Your dead right!! My mistake! Cheers for posting that up.
JJ, You coming tonight to the HGC?

TM1

EC got the 2nd one when touring for Blind Faith. He may have had the Disraeli Gears Custom tucked away. The only humbucking guitar I've seen him with during BF was the ES-335TDC.

The Shifter

Sorry to further derail this thread, but do you think then that the solo on Presence of the Lord is the neck pu on that Tele?