• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sad news about Eric Clapton

ourmaninthenorth

Actually I do and had also read previous replies. I was merely pointing out the term supergroup in the context of Cream and Blind Faith as perhaps as UK terminology not used in the US.
Perhaps I didn't make that clear but thanks for your condescending reply. TW's retort answered my incorrect assumption succinctly . I must remember to stop posting on this forum

I'd actually much prefer it if you posted more. Stick around Mate :salude

Wizard1183

Actually I do and had also read previous replies. I was merely pointing out the term supergroup in the context of Cream and Blind Faith as perhaps as UK terminology not used in the US.
Perhaps I didn't make that clear but thanks for your condescending reply. TW's retort answered my incorrect assumption succinctly . I must remember to stop posting on this forum
Hey man I wasn’t trying to be rude? Perhaps my bluntness might come off as such?

Black Sabbath is just as big as Cream, Beatles ect. But I understand their equipment may not be as known? Since it’s beneath what ppl are accustomed to with the names of Hiwatt, Marshall, Orange and Fender. Laney was the much smaller outfit but should never be dismissed. BB King played Laney quite a bit. Most probably don’t know that? I figured most ppl knew the term Supergroup when referring to 68-72 Laney 60w and 100w. Sorry if I came across as rude

. No need to stop posting. It’s sinply words on a forum. One should never get offended because of typed words. There’s no emotion tied to it. However I know many do...

Billy Porter

Hey man I wasn’t trying to be rude? Perhaps my bluntness might come off as such?

Black Sabbath is just as big as Cream, Beatles ect. But I understand their equipment may not be as known? Since it’s beneath what ppl are accustomed to with the names of Hiwatt, Marshall, Orange and Fender. Laney was the much smaller outfit but should never be dismissed. BB King played Laney quite a bit. Most probably don’t know that? I figured most ppl knew the term Supergroup when referring to 68-72 Laney 60w and 100w. Sorry if I came across as rude

. No need to stop posting. It’s sinply words on a forum. One should never get offended because of typed words. There’s no emotion tied to it. However I know many do...

No worries. My comment about not posting was a bit tongue in cheek. This place had a long way to go to get as bad as FB. It really isn’t worth posting anything there. Every one is an expert and assumes every one else knows nothing.

Rayvyn

I’ve envied Clapton many times in my life but I’ll not do that again. Not after seeing the showtime special “Clapton: A life in 12 bars”. Wowee! A hard, hard road and beyond the music, I’m not sure what he got for all of his suffering. Sounded like he’d have been more content with a 9-5 job playing nights and weekends - for himself, by himself.