• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

0 0284 The Duggie Lock Burst

pinefd

Congrats on an absolutely awesome guitar, and welcome to the plaintop ‘burst “club”! Wow, that thing just oozes character, from the grain and color to the checking and battle scars. Very cool! And also very cool that you got to hang out with Ed...a truly wonderful guy and gracious host, as I’m sure you experienced.

Enjoy!

Frank

T.Allen

Kate Upton doing the Dougie (renamed the Duggie for our purposes)::hee

giphy.gif

This would make a worthy avatar!

mt1986

Here's a little video of Charlie demonstrating a 1960 Les Paul Standard, 1960 ES 335 TDN, 1961 Les Paul Custom, and 1952 Goldtop.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3_sjL0Q2f6c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Demonstrating may be a stretch. “Wanking on” may be more accurate!

Great hang.

GREAT guitar!!!:dude:

CDaughtry

I really had a fun hang with Mark, his beautiful wife Maile, and Mick the dog. Mick was the star of the show! Coolest dog ever!
The weather in Nashville was freezing and overcast, so we did the best we could do with our photo shoot (y'all know how I love sunshine outdoors!).

Anyway...here's a few shots of Duggie. This is a phenomenal sounding and playing guitar with a ton of character.

DSC_5257-XL.jpg

DSC_5273-XL.jpg

DSC_5277-XL.jpg

DSC_5299-XL.jpg

DSC_5329-XL.jpg

DSC_5335-XL.jpg

DSC_5349-XL.jpg

DSC_5370-XL.jpg

DSC_5338-XL.jpg

DSC_5388-XL.jpg

Fried okra

I really had a fun hang with Mark, his beautiful wife Maile, and Mick the dog. Mick was the star of the show! Coolest dog ever!
The weather in Nashville was freezing and overcast, so we did the best we could do with our photo shoot (y'all know how I love sunshine outdoors!).

Anyway...here's a few shots of Duggie. This is a phenomenal sounding and playing guitar with a ton of character........

Killer CD!!! Glad y’all got to hang and love the shots. Well done sir. :salude

Highway Star

Amazing guitar and a cool story. The faded burst makes it really awesome. To much red and the look is dead :peace2

DaveSG

A fantastic showing and a beautiful guitar. Thank you for sharing!

Mt1986, please make sure that when you get the '58 back, you give us the same treatment with that guitar. All you had to say was 'Carters' and '1958' and I already knew which Les Paul you were talking about. As soon as I heard that guitar in a demo, that was it. It had the 'IT' factor, for me at least. Just absolute tonal perfect. I've got that demo of your guitar on regular rotation in my 'best guitar tone' playlist (as well as a lot of Joey Landreth demos!). Even with whatever issues it presented, wow...just what a fabulous guitar and when I saw that it had sold, I wondered where it had gone. I'm so glad it went to someone who sounds like a wonderful caretaker, who is also on this forum, who is also willing to share! I would LOVE to see more of this instrument and will thoroughly enjoy anything you decide to share of it!

Thanks again and cheers!:salude

MikeSlub

Administrator
Great photos as always, Charlie! And great wanking through the high powered Twin! :dude:

JJ Blair

Wow. She sounds like a winner. Really great look, too. Congrats.

CDaughtry

To all the Chicken Littles who proclaim the sky is falling in the vintage world because there's no new blood in it, I love pointing them to guys like Mark.

And oh yeah...he's got GREAT taste in guitars!:dude:

DSC_5416-XL.jpg

DSC_5417-XL.jpg

Pellman73

Congrats on a great score Mark. I just love that top.

Great pictures too CD

Enjoyed the wanking as well

I know this is about Duggie but that TDN es-335 sounded really good too

mt1986

A fantastic showing and a beautiful guitar. Thank you for sharing!

Mt1986, please make sure that when you get the '58 back, you give us the same treatment with that guitar. All you had to say was 'Carters' and '1958' and I already knew which Les Paul you were talking about. As soon as I heard that guitar in a demo, that was it. It had the 'IT' factor, for me at least. Just absolute tonal perfect. I've got that demo of your guitar on regular rotation in my 'best guitar tone' playlist (as well as a lot of Joey Landreth demos!). Even with whatever issues it presented, wow...just what a fabulous guitar and when I saw that it had sold, I wondered where it had gone. I'm so glad it went to someone who sounds like a wonderful caretaker, who is also on this forum, who is also willing to share! I would LOVE to see more of this instrument and will thoroughly enjoy anything you decide to share of it!

Thanks again and cheers!:salude

The 58' will be covered in great detail with photos documenting the entire process. The sound of Tommy nailing Brown Sugar is forever etched in my mind as well! I will try and get him to have a go on it again if I can find the time.

Pellman73

killer pics

do you wait for a certain part of the day in order to get the light just right for those shots?

CDaughtry

killer pics

do you wait for a certain part of the day in order to get the light just right for those shots?

Under ideal conditions, I like shooting mid-morning or late afternoon, and always outdoors. The natural sun makes the flame pop.

These were not ideal conditions. It was freezing and overcast in Nashville. Thus, we shot indoors with whatever natural light there was coming in from the window. I had to bump the ISO (film speed) up really high.

Given the conditions, I was happy with the results.:jim