• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

0 0284 The Duggie Lock Burst

Phatfrank

Congratulations on an amazing NVGD! Has to be one of the coolest looking bursts around, totally agree with your taste in LPs:). Enjoy it, and big thanks for sharing!

mt1986

We need some sort of homecoming reception for all these guitars. Nashville maybe? :)

Congrats on a killer purchase. Enjoy it in good health.

A homecoming seems quite appropriate after all the years away. Count me in! I went back and reread your post on bringing the Danger back from Germany and realized how similar I felt in many ways. I had my own overhead on the Delta flight back to Detroit, but the guitar was a few inches too long. Fortunately the head flight attendant was a music major and couldn't have been cooler in finding space in the closet. The picture Fried Okra posted was from Detroit back to Nashville.

mt1986

Hi congratulations on such a beautiful guitar, having been fortunate enough to have played your guitar when it was owned by its previous custodian I agree it’s is a fantastic Burst with a killer neck and some of he best sounding PAF’s I’ve heard.

I’d like to point out however that the upcoming detailed feature on your new guitar will be in “The Guitar magazine” not “Guitarist” magazine as you mentioned in your post, I’d hate for you to be searching through the wrong publication.

Congratulations again on such a superb instrument.

Thanks

I really appreciate the kind words and would love to hear any further impressions you might have had about the guitar. I also corrected the name of the publication to the correct one. Thanks!

MapleFlame

Thank you for sharing your story and your acquisition of a cool guitar. I think the past history, travels both over and back makes it even better. Enjoy in great health. Being the restore guy on this forum, impatiently looking forward to seeing progress of your other acquisition. Do show :dude:

ourmaninthenorth

So it's safe to say this hasn't got a baseball bat neck....??

Boom Tish....

I'll get me coat....:laugh2::laugh2:

Fried okra

We need some sort of homecoming reception for all these guitars. Nashville maybe? :)

Count me in like Flynn. :salude Songbirds May be a good location as well.

mitchguitar13

Kalamazoo! It would be so cool to have them all at the Parsons St. factory again.

Big Al

Flame figure is ok, I kinda feel it is what it is and for myself it's all good. From over the top to just can't see it. What I have to see is grain, and flowing flat sawn grain always makes me pay attention. Hoo boy, I'm paying attention!! I love it and both sides match better than most with flat sawn centers. Outstanding guitar with a great vibe. Enjoy.

slimdave

This is an extremely beautiful looking guitar! Congrats. And btw, nice pics.

mt1986

Flame figure is ok, I kinda feel it is what it is and for myself it's all good. From over the top to just can't see it. What I have to see is grain, and flowing flat sawn grain always makes me pay attention. Hoo boy, I'm paying attention!! I love it and both sides match better than most with flat sawn centers. Outstanding guitar with a great vibe. Enjoy.

Big Al,
Thank you for the kind words and I think we must have similar tastes. This guitar's top really gets better the more I look closely at it. Not perfectly matched, but quite a few of the grains do line up very nicely.

mt1986

Heres a cool shot of Ed and I. 0 0256 and 0 0284.

And a nice one of the grain.