• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

FS: 07 Gibson Les Paul Historic R7 57 Cherry "Lucy" prototype owned by Steve Miller

j5bogdas

FS: 07 Gibson Les Paul Historic R7 57 Cherry "Lucy" prototype owned by Steve Miller

Up for sale is an incredibly rare piece - this is a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop 1957 Reissue, but this is one of only five of the "Lucy" prototypes made before the $13k custom shop "Lucy" was released in 2013. This is much more rare than the actual $13k Lucy Clapton/Harrison reissue, not only because only five of these were made and 100 official reissues were produced. This guitar is ONE OF ONLY ONE, because it is from Steve Miller's personal collection! It was originally sold on consignment at Guitar Showcase in San Jose, CA, and comes with a certificate of sale and authenticity signed by Steve Miller's manager, Scott Boorey on 7/27/2010.

This guitar has the same specs as a regular 2007 1957 Goldtop reissue, but with a stained cherry two piece top instead of the regular gold finish, and it comes with factory original Grover tuners.

One of the other Lucy prototypes has sold on its own, with zero provenance, for $5,500 recently. The only other one that I've been able to locate after a vast amount of research and many phone calls made sold a couple of years ago for $6,800.

Being that this is from Steve Miller's personal collection, and that it is one of only five of these guitars made with the "Harrison" finish (that's what Gibson calls it if you call to ask for information on the serial number), I'm not willing to accept less than those prices for this guitar. People are paying $13k for essentially this guitar, but with fake dings, dents, and buckle rash to mimic Clapton's and Harrison's Les Paul, but why not make this one your own and save $5k?

I'm asking $7,500 and I'm in SoCal. I can ship if needed. j5bogdas@gmail.com, as I don't often check this site. My eBay (with relevant feedback from the last decade I've been acquiring and getting rid of guitars) is, you guessed it, j5bogdas.

Link to Reverb: http://rvrb.io/2007-les-paul-57-r-otk

qhqnfwch9yjgdk86ef2b.jpg

hwhlqavp3sdg5pwlrzhi.jpg