• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone ever do a post on refinishing a Studio into something else? Bad idea?

Hotshot

One thing I love about my first LP is it’s best to snot, plays great and was $500.

What i I hate is it’s wine red. I can’t stand the color. Looking through it though, it’s got some cool grain and is quite worn.

I refinished a 70s table and was always impressed how the old stains and bumps stayed dark, and the new lighter natural top came out great. Honestly my kitchen table looks like the beast.

So.. my brain was thinking... why not carefully sand down the ol Studio, and re spray / nitro it.

i have very little invested in it, and it has the real goods, so why not?

i ask you, why not?

Thoughts , questions, concerns?

Zentar

There are many Youtubes of people stripping and refinishing guitars.

renderit

At $500 what the heck. Just accumulate the needed products and schedule the personal time before you start or it will sit for years. Don't ask me how I know...

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I've refinished buttloads of guitars.

Most recently my favorite Les Paul:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...-Makeover-quot&highlight=traditional+makeover

traditional_respray.jpg

Hotshot

At $500 what the heck. Just accumulate the needed products and schedule the personal time before you start or it will sit for years. Don't ask me how I know...

Lol. Ya my other hobby is the same. I get week long stints off work, so I’d hit it up hard once i know all the steps. No Analysis Paralisis here.