The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45
  1. #1

    Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Hi Guys-

    new here....

    looking for the classic marshall tone in bedroom amp.

    want to start by saying that I am not a newbie at all with tube amps.

    I know all about the "you cant get that tone in single ended amp - needs to be push pull " and the tone is in the outputs tubes and speaker - the speakers need to breath ......etc

    I know about amps that use the full circuit and output iron and built in attenuator such as the variplex from years back ...all the stuff that was going on 5 years ago I know about

    all I am asking is the following :

    has any low power amp come out in the last few years that was finally able to crack the code and get the correct tone ?

  2. #2

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Stephenson stage hog

    Extremely well made very good sounding 1 watt tone machine

    well worth your looking into.

    More headroom and a few more watts of power is the audio kitchen big trees. This is hands down one of the best sounding amps I’ve ever heard or played through.

  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,536

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tripletime View Post
    Hi Guys-

    new here....

    looking for the classic marshall tone in bedroom amp.

    want to start by saying that I am not a newbie at all with tube amps.

    I know all about the "you cant get that tone in single ended amp - needs to be push pull " and the tone is in the outputs tubes and speaker - the speakers need to breath ......etc

    I know about amps that use the full circuit and output iron and built in attenuator such as the variplex from years back ...all the stuff that was going on 5 years ago I know about

    all I am asking is the following :

    has any low power amp come out in the last few years that was finally able to crack the code and get the correct tone ?



    Why not a Marshall?

    https://marshallamps.com/products/amplifiers/one-watt-series/





  4. #4

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    You really need like 1/10th of a watt for bedroom volume. At which point tubes are a fashion accessory, imho.

    My prefered low volume Marshall options:

    Tech 21 British into a powered monitor will give you some of the best low volume Marshall tones imaginable. I have recorded with this exact setup, straight in. The T21 Fly Rig would probably give you even more options.



    My ghetto low volume JTM45 rig is surprisingly good.




    Fractal AX8 if you want to spend some $$$. Has every Marshall tone imaginable and then some. I pair this with a powered XiTone wedge.



    There is always this one trick pony; Marshall Lead 12. Sounds great. The Tech 21 stuff is much more versatile, though.



    If you have a full size Marshall, you could run it into a Fryette Power Station.

    I've been through the Vox AC4 and the Marshall Class 5. I hated both.

    I use the fuzz and OD808 through a Champ with pleasure.

    I had a Fender Mustang I modeler ($93, brand new). I thought the British 60's model was great. The Tweed Deluxe was very good, too. Better than the AC4 or Class 5 for me.

    YMMV.

  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member goldtop0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the end of the Long White Cloud
    Posts
    7,004

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Cost being the determining factor X...........it's the the X factor as it were..........value for $$ is very much debateable
    Realistically, one is paying for the name and heritage.
    But by golly they look spunky don't they

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lake Ontario shore
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    There are several all tube 1-2 watt amps at all price points out there. They mostly use a single 12AU7 tube, driving each triode for a class AB push/pull power plant with 1-3 12AX7's depending on the preamp design. Some are truly amazing. There is a SS preamp 12AU7 pedal too that I saw Pete Thorn demo, AWESOME!!

    I have an Vox AC4 combo that dials down to 1/10th watt and a 2 watt Lil Night Train that serve me well.
    Last edited by Big Al; 01-09-18 at 09:25 AM.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zacknorton View Post
    Stephenson stage hog

    Extremely well made very good sounding 1 watt tone machine

    well worth your looking into.

    More headroom and a few more watts of power is the audio kitchen big trees. This is hands down one of the best sounding amps I’ve ever heard or played through.
    That's a blast from the past...I've not seen one of these for sale for years.

    Have you got one Mate?
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  8. #8

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    I had one. Really great on bass. Not much on the clean side.

    They’re still being made. And really do sound fantastic dirty to full grind.

    audio kitchen big trees. Tops. Tops tops.

  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zacknorton View Post
    I had one. Really great on bass. Not much on the clean side.

    They’re still being made. And really do sound fantastic dirty to full grind.

    audio kitchen big trees. Tops. Tops tops.
    Audio Kitchen....my next port of call amp wise I reckon.

    I narrowly missed out on a Big Trees in a convoluted deal a couple of years ago.

    Kudos for your taste Mate.

    For those unfamiliar with this marque..here's an amp that I really like by them..

    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    the closest i've gotten is either using my a real amp into Rivera Rockcrusher recording Attenuator into my mixer and computer and headphones or computer monitor

    Or

    the Tech 21 trademark 10 is AMAZING when it comes to making marshall or even mesa boogie tones at extremely low volumes. you can even get like pinch harmonics and stuff... its pretty cool

    I know there are some people who can give me an amen on that thing

    you can get them for under two hundred bucks (I just saw one on reverb)

    that audio kitchen big trees thing looks cool as hell!

  11. #11
    Les Paul Forum Member Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    5,426

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    the Tech 21 trademark 10 is AMAZING when it comes to making marshall or even mesa boogie tones at extremely low volumes. you can even get like pinch harmonics and stuff... its pretty cool

    I know there are some people who can give me an amen on that thing

    you can get them for under two hundred bucks (I just saw one on reverb)
    I was going to mention the Trademark 10. I brought mine to a small jam (no drummer) recently and was disappointed in it, but that's because I was going for a cleaner Fender type of tone. It's not great at that. It gets decent Marshall tones, though. I bought mine used for $75.

  12. #12
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I was going to mention the Trademark 10. I brought mine to a small jam (no drummer) recently and was disappointed in it, but that's because I was going for a cleaner Fender type of tone. It's not great at that. It gets decent Marshall tones, though. I bought mine used for $75.
    Yes agree w that

  13. #13
    Les Paul Forum Member joeh77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    65

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    I recommend you take a look at this thread:

    https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...ride-in-a-Carr

    I've gone back to it a number of times and am GASing big time for a Carr Mercury V.

    Joe

  14. #14
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,576

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Marshall Studio 15 played with speaker plugged into head phone jack . My first choice !

    Marshall Lead 12 for some great tone .

    Vox AC4 1/4 watt setting .

    These are some I use .

    There is some really great loud alternatives , I would go to some shops, the internet sound clips are only as good as the device you use IMO a phone or a computer is no way to judge a amp .
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

  15. #15

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    There are several all tube 1-2 watt amps at all price points out there. They mostly use a single 12AU7 tube, driving each triode for a class AB push/pull power plant with 1-3 12AX7's depending on the preamp design. Some are truly amazing. There is a SS preamp 12AU7 pedal too that I saw Pete Thorn demo, AWESOME!!

    I have an Vox AC4 combo that dials down to 1/10th watt and a 2 watt Lil Night Train that serve me well.
    Big Al- curious if are you running your AC4 stock? I've replaced the 12AX7 with a 12AU7 (for slightly lower gain) and replaced the speaker with a Weber 10 inch Alnico Blue. But I have a love/hate relationship with it. It seems to really only sound good to my ears with my '52 Tele reissue. When I use my R9, it just doesn't do it for me.

  16. #16
    Les Paul Forum Member Mr. Papa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central Maine
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Has anyone had success with the Z Vex tiny amp thing? I think it's 1 watt.
    "In all candor, I'm 'stunned' by the rather extensive list of modifications that folks are typically making to these already expensive guitars. In fact, I'll go ahead and say it . . . it seems absolutely crazy" - excerpted from the post of a Les Paul reissue owner and new member to the LPF

    Hitler reacts to the Gibson 2015 price increase and min-Etune:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB0wi5-5wNU

  17. #17
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    425

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Don't dismiss larger amps with a well designed master volume either.
    2007 CR8
    2000 Elegant
    1953 J50

  18. #18
    All Access/Backstage Pass Progrocker111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    small country full of nice women and good beer
    Posts
    3,786

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by thejaf View Post
    Don't dismiss larger amps with a well designed master volume either.
    This. After countless tests of many small 1-5 w combos still the best sounding home rig for me is my cranked 72 Hiwatt DR103 halfstack paired with good OD pedal with volume set to nearly zero. Still many Hiwatt signature tone are jumping out, sounds much bigger than these small 1x10 or 1x12 combos and overall the feeling is much closer to real big cranked amp than these small amps.
    My diagnosis is: Hiwatt and Norlinphilia


    2018 Gibson Les Paul Custom 1957 Historic
    1972 Hiwatt DR103, 1972 Hiwatt SE4122

  19. #19

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Those Nano guitar amps are a total one trick pony. If you’re looking for noisy buzzy, spitty distortion, then you’ll be happy.

    The zvex nano stereo amp sounds great. The guitar amp? Not so much.

  20. #20
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    For home playing...I'd rather play a small amp flat out, straight in, than a big amp dialled to a whisper, any day of the week.

    Different tools for different jobs.

    This..



    over this...



    every time.
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  21. #21

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Really difficult to argue with that.

  22. #22
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,576

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    For home playing...I'd rather play a small amp flat out, straight in, than a big amp dialled to a whisper, any day of the week.

    Different tools for different jobs.

    This..



    over this...



    every time.
    Really feel the same , dime out the small watt amp no pedals ! my 50 watt amps are gathering dust .
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

  23. #23

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    the problem is

    once you try a vintage park amp or a metro amp as I have there is a tone you remember and most el84 amps and micro amps have what sounds to me like a buzzy tone rather than a screaming marshall grind. there is something in the tonality that tells me "close but no cigar"

    I recall trying a mercury amp and it was very good

    I also remember a custom el84 and that used both sides of the tube which was amazing but cant remember the name

  24. #24
    All Access/Backstage Pass Progrocker111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    small country full of nice women and good beer
    Posts
    3,786

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    Really feel the same , dime out the small watt amp no pedals ! my 50 watt amps are gathering dust .
    What for are OD pedals? You can set volume nearly on zero on pedal and still crank the amp. Try it. It will have better tone on 4x12 than cranked small 1x10 combo even on TV volume.
    My diagnosis is: Hiwatt and Norlinphilia


    2018 Gibson Les Paul Custom 1957 Historic
    1972 Hiwatt DR103, 1972 Hiwatt SE4122

  25. #25
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,576

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    I also have voltage regulator on my 18 watt works really great with the buzzy 2x12 cabinet , this way I don't use a over drive pedal to alter the tone of the amp !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

  26. #26
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tripletime View Post
    the problem is

    once you try a vintage park amp or a metro amp as I have there is a tone you remember and most el84 amps and micro amps have what sounds to me like a buzzy tone rather than a screaming marshall grind. there is something in the tonality that tells me "close but no cigar"

    I recall trying a mercury amp and it was very good

    I also remember a custom el84 and that used both sides of the tube which was amazing but cant remember the name

    the new Mercury V is a very different amp than the original Mercury's if that's what you mean

    old ones were EL84s and the V in the new one is a mercury V as in 6V6

    I was corrected by the man himself on this one (when I called there I said "I have a Mercury Five" (the tube for the reverb went out and I wasn't smart enough to figure that out) and he said, "its mercury V... like 6v6" "and I said "oh. good to know"

  27. #27
    Les Paul Forum Member zhivago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    944

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    I have a Zvex nano amp that I run through a 70s greenback 1x12, it sounds awesome.
    1956 Les Paul Custom or 1961 Fender Jazzmaster > Matchless Lightning or Zvex Nano
    Klon Centaur, ToneCzar EchoCzar with Angelbaby, Zvex Fuzz Factory / Octane 3 / Loop Junky / BOM / Wah Probe / SD2IN1, BJFE MH4K
    1943 Martin 000-28 or 1952 Gibson J50

  28. #28
    Les Paul Forum Member duaneflowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Behind a badass Lester somewhere in Japan
    Posts
    1,973

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zhivago View Post
    I have a Zvex nano amp that I run through a 70s greenback 1x12, it sounds awesome.
    I have the same rig here and it do sound awesome... unless there's a plexi pedal in front of it it's more Mesa than Marshall to my ears though...

    The best Marshall crunch I get at bedroom volumes is through my Kemper... only thing missing is the pant-leg flapping air movement... which I do miss...
    Tone To The Bone!
    LP=[(CC*8)+(Sig*5)+(R9*2)+R8+R7+R6+(R4*2)+(50sT*2)+Stu D+LPX]+[(EpI*19)+(EsP/Ed*6)+(ToKi*3)+(Ba*3)+(Fe/Bu*2)+(ObG)+(CMS)]

  29. #29
    Les Paul Forum Member zhivago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    944

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by duaneflowers View Post
    I have the same rig here and it do sound awesome... unless there's a plexi pedal in front of it it's more Mesa than Marshall to my ears though...

    The best Marshall crunch I get at bedroom volumes is through my Kemper... only thing missing is the pant-leg flapping air movement... which I do miss...

    I too miss the air moving...I find dialling the nano round 2 o clock and then hitting it with a Klon takes it to another level.
    1956 Les Paul Custom or 1961 Fender Jazzmaster > Matchless Lightning or Zvex Nano
    Klon Centaur, ToneCzar EchoCzar with Angelbaby, Zvex Fuzz Factory / Octane 3 / Loop Junky / BOM / Wah Probe / SD2IN1, BJFE MH4K
    1943 Martin 000-28 or 1952 Gibson J50

  30. #30
    Les Paul Forum Member Lenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    963

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Having gone down the route of trying to get that sound in a compact size, I now prefer using the ToneStack app on my phone or iPad when I'm at home or need to record on my own. It's so much less frustrating and I can nail any tone. I use amps at the rehearsal room and at gigs, that's to me how it should be. You're going to waste tons of money on those small amps, gizmos and attenuators which in comparison to a real amp cost a fortune. Tone happens at a certain volume, you can't go around that fact.
    The only amp I could recommend for home use is the Orange OR-15 which has a Master control and keeps good tone at whisper level. Then you can still use it at rehearsals. It's not a tone as rich as a Marshall but it's the closest compromise.

  31. #31
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,483

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Having gone down the route of trying to get that sound in a compact size, I now prefer using the ToneStack app on my phone or iPad when I'm at home or need to record on my own. It's so much less frustrating and I can nail any tone. I use amps at the rehearsal room and at gigs, that's to me how it should be. You're going to waste tons of money on those small amps, gizmos and attenuators which in comparison to a real amp cost a fortune. Tone happens at a certain volume, you can't go around that fact.
    The only amp I could recommend for home use is the Orange OR-15 which has a Master control and keeps good tone at whisper level. Then you can still use it at rehearsals. It's not a tone as rich as a Marshall but it's the closest compromise.
    I would respectfully argue you are wrong. I can peg an amp and put it through the Two Notes Torpedo and you will find it does not sound any different than the same thing through a full stack at a MUCH lower volume level. Really. ANY amp. If what you said is true than a record sounds like crap.


  32. #32
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I would respectfully argue you are wrong. I can peg an amp and put it through the Two Notes Torpedo and you will find it does not sound any different than the same thing through a full stack at a MUCH lower volume level. Really. ANY amp. If what you said is true than a record sounds like crap.
    Which version of the Torpedo do you have?

    I had never heard of it before you mentioning it. Was watching some videos of Joey Landreth with the full rack mount version— looks really amazing

    i have a Rivera rockcrusher recording which is also really good. Not sure how they would compare. It both attenuates but also has a cab sim out and both work great. I can play it directly through the cab itself with the attenuator or shut that off completely and use the XLR out with the cab simulator to my mixer into my computer and play with headphones but it still sounds— like you said, a full on deal

  33. #33
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,483

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Two Notes Torpedo Live.




  34. #34
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Looks really good

    I guess that’s what I love about this forum so much is learning about all these things.

    it just gets expensive. That looks a lot better than the Rivera — the software is badass.

    Actually seems like that one does not have an attenuator— just the load box.

    the torpedo reload I guess has the attenuator... I do like the option of just playing the amp into the cab without having my computer on

    why do you think the live is more expensive than the reload?
    Last edited by Pellman73; 01-15-18 at 09:58 AM.

  35. #35
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,483

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    The reload is more along the lines of the Mesa Cab Clone. Very limited in what it will do for simulation. The Torpedo Live can simulate or be a line out or both. A lot more flexibility. And you don't NEED to put the torpedo through anything to use it, i.e. you can plug headphones straight into it and use almost all of the functionality without a computer at all. Or with a DAW for recording. Or any combination. I see the biggest advantage being I can have my Clark Piedmont ('60 Bassman Clone) balls to the wall and nobody knows it but me. Or my Germino MGL playong through a full stack. I just wish it had a variable AC out so I could hook a fan to it to blow my pant legs forward. Ultimate simulation...


  36. #36
    Les Paul Forum Member PetervanDorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    193

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?


  37. #37
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PetervanDorst View Post
    A great combination Peter, I'm using the same guitar with a Rambler instead of the small Plexi....

    Sounds huge...
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  38. #38
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    I forgot I have one of these Yamaha THR10x deals at work. This actually might be the best-- lets just say-- mini marshalls in a box that I've played. (i'm demonstrating a more high gain thing perhaps but you get the picture)

    they are fun as hell.

    The green one is the more metal one-- there is a less gainy one than this that may be even better

    this is in my office at the hospital this afternoon

    LIVE AT THE REID HEART CENTER!!

    ... there are people around so I cannot play it loud

    I do love this tom anderson more and more I should say. I brought it to work today and it sounds pretty good through this thing ( to me)

    I'm sure I shouldn't be posting videos as my skill level is not there but... ah who cares


  39. #39
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,576

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Some fine playing Pellman , love the top, the amp sounds great Thanks for the Demo !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

  40. #40
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    Some fine playing Pellman , love the top, the amp sounds great Thanks for the Demo !
    ha —thanks bassman

    YES I DIG THE TOP TOO- ATLANIC STORM IS WHAT TA CALLS IT
    The guitar has his P-90 in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge but you can split both of them and put them in parallel — so you can get strat, tele, and les paul tones... really cool

    designed (he picked the top, the pup combo, that it is a Cobra S (which is the short scale les paulish thing that TA does) by Teddy at Make n Music and was a NAMM guitar. I saw it there and played it and thought it was awesome. Then I bought it when I saw it came up for sale on reverb. Then I sold it to a guy here in town in a GAS frenzy for something else.... and then I just recently bought it back!

    every millimeter of that guitar feels sleek, sanded, smooth, almost made by aliens or something. Great instrument!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!