• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Slash anaconda burst USA

Analoga1p

Hi,

Been looking at these does anyone on the forum have one and share your experiences on this model.

Thanks

Big Al

I tend to look away and am not to familiar with them. Besides the reptilian burst and Slash association what is notable or unique to this model?

Analoga1p

I tend to look away and am not to familiar with them. Besides the reptilian burst and Slash association what is notable or unique to this model?

well i understand where you are coming from its basically a traditional with Duncan's and a green burst...its just unique to me as its a collaboration with Gibson. I like it just wondering if anyone here purchased one yet....

Big Al

I'd imagine if that's the case it should be regarded much the same then. I can't imagine not liking the Les Paul or Mr Duncans fine pickups so it seems the question is how much you like the green burst. I imagine if you are a Slash fan it has some appeal but it just seems to be a question of how much you want that color or Slash appeal.

Analoga1p

The color is unique, as a GNR fan/Slash fan it has some appeal between the slash pickups, the snake burst, the setup with the 11’s, abr bridge, aluminum tailpiece. I have a standard historic and this slash model would be a nice addition because it’s a bit more of an aggressive tone as opposed to the underwound pickups in my historic.

What are are your thoughts after seeing the slash model?

I'd imagine if that's the case it should be regarded much the same then. I can't imagine not liking the Les Paul or Mr Duncans fine pickups so it seems the question is how much you like the green burst. I imagine if you are a Slash fan it has some appeal but it just seems to be a question of how much you want that color or Slash appeal.

Big Al

I think you answered your question. I'm a dinosaur so I prefer prehistoric Jurassic vibe as far as finish. I like the classic colors but I do find some newer colors pretty attractive. Unfortunately I can't say I care for a green burst.:ha I know some who do and I think having an expanded and less traditional color option on modern Les Pauls is smart as us dinosaurs are going extinct. So cool beans for them that like it green.

Slash is just another guitar slinger in my world so there is zero influence on me. I place no importance on any Slash merch or endorsement. I am aware of how important he is for younger less fossilized players so for them that be, here ya go.

Have you got one? Do you use a Marshall Jubilee or Slash model? What would be your ideal rig?

Analoga1p

LOL! Believe me I’m pretty much traditional when it comes to guitar colors but something about this model has me thinking about it. I used to have several slash VOS three piece plain top pieces at the time I sold them for a profit(needed money at the time). They had a nice vibe to them and obviously I prefer those plain faded cherry tops more so than the anaconda burst. Those VOS models I can’t touch them unfortunately they are too expensive. (I rather get an historic braz for the money).

i have three amps my dad’s first amp and it is a Lafayette 12” combo, a class 5 Marshall and a 50 watt combo vintage modern Marshall.

I think you answered your question. I'm a dinosaur so I prefer prehistoric Jurassic vibe as far as finish. I like the classic colors but I do find some newer colors pretty attractive. Unfortunately I can't say I care for a green burst.:ha I know some who do and I think having an expanded and less traditional color option on modern Les Pauls is smart as us dinosaurs are going extinct. So cool beans for them that like it green.

Slash is just another guitar slinger in my world so there is zero influence on me. I place no importance on any Slash merch or endorsement. I am aware of how important he is for younger less fossilized players so for them that be, here ya go.

Have you got one? Do you use a Marshall Jubilee or Slash model? What would be your ideal rig?

Thundermtn

I don't care for much for the color either, but I think some double creams would pep it up quite a bit. For a USA it has got pretty good specs.

You may have better luck putting your questions in the comments section on gibsons page as these are pretty new, but the posters there have a few already.

Analoga1p

The color is better in person and yes the specs are nice. Still thinking about it LOL

I don't care for much for the color either, but I think some double creams would pep it up quite a bit. For a USA it has got pretty good specs.

You may have better luck putting your questions in the comments section on gibsons page as these are pretty new, but the posters there have a few already.

Analoga1p

Ideal rig is a JTM 45 with four 12’s but not sure if these ears can take them lol

LOL! Believe me I’m pretty much traditional when it comes to guitar colors but something about this model has me thinking about it. I used to have several slash VOS three piece plain top pieces at the time I sold them for a profit(needed money at the time). They had a nice vibe to them and obviously I prefer those plain faded cherry tops more so than the anaconda burst. Those VOS models I can’t touch them unfortunately they are too expensive. (I rather get an historic braz for the money).

i have three amps my dad’s first amp and it is a Lafayette 12” combo, a class 5 Marshall and a 50 watt combo vintage modern Marshall.

Big Al

Like the amps! I liked the Vintage Modern a whole bunch. I have a few Class 5 combos and though they get little love, I just love my Marshall champs!

Analoga1p

Thanks, I think the vintage modern was overlooked as it’s a pretty simple one channel amp. It has some nice cleans, dirty cleans, hard rock and even metal sounds. The class 5 is a nice little amp, reminds me of a little plexi.

Like the amps! I liked the Vintage Modern a whole bunch. I have a few Class 5 combos and though they get little love, I just love my Marshall champs!

Big Al

Well like you I'm fond of the JTM 45. The Vintage Modern is a great sounding model that people tried to use as a channel switcher, which it wasn't. I still have my very early issue JCM 4502 50 watt 2 12 combo that I've had for 27 yrs. Way under loved, but those early EL34 mk I versions are great.

Don't use it much now unless I need that classic Marshall crunch and thump. I sometimes run it with a very clean 68 basket weave A cab w/original greenback G12M's.

guitarjoe

I generally prefer more tradionial finishes but the Anaconda burst looks sexy as hell to me. The version with the flame especially. It is not inexpensive however😂😂

JayMichaels

I've had mine since the beginning of the year, it is a seriously sweet Les Paul... that being said, my 04 Heritage H-157 is still my number one...