• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do you believe in ghosts?

thejaf

Life is energy. Your body is just a vessel. When you die your energy still exists in some form. I am an atheist so this is the belief I subscribe to. What I saw was an orb of light five feet away and 46 years hasn't changed anything. Maybe it was there or maybe it was a figment of my imagination. I believe what a seen.

+1 about energy. From my personal experiences, the emotional charging of an atmosphere by the people who live there (good, bad, hostile, depression, anxiety, etc.) seems to have a noticeable effect over time. Some places just feel good, while others make your skin crawl without any prior knowledge or history.

I have no Hollywood type sensational experiences, no visual ghosts or manifestations telling me to "get out." That said, by and large the unexplained encounters I have experienced have been unsettling, sometimes malicious in a childlike way, and at worst outright hostile. Some day I may write a book about this, if I get up the nerve. A lot is lost to the third party observer though, and also by my rational mind trying to explain away where there aren't any plausible explanations. In the end it's easier to just say something doesn't exist than to accept the possibility of the unknown and incomprehensible.

brandtkronholm

What has happened to this forum?

8txrp.jpg

corpse

This is the place where you can talk about anything with the LP Brotherhood and get their sage input.
Or post pictures of your frigging coffee. LOL

57Strat777

Nope. Don't believe in ghosts.

One in six American adults (16.7%) take some kind of psychiatric prescription drugs, so I have no doubt there are plenty of people that think they've seen a ghost.

JDUB

I just read a thread about this in another forum and some of the replies/stories were really, really interesting :hmm

So, have you ever seen anything that you believe was supernatural or even alien?
I have experienced some unusual phenomena. In 1959, in a house that sat at 1765 Capilano rd in N.Vancouver, every night loud footsteps could be heard coming up the 22 basement steps to the ground floor, opening the passage door, walking across the pantry to the upstairs bathroom, where it would flush the toilet. In the same house, the large old furnace in the basement had an iron door, approximately 3' square. If someone made a disparaging remark about the "spirit" the door's four latches would release and the door would drop to the floor with a thunderous crash. In 1976 I was in a cabin near Jenner by the Sea, I had been walking on the boardwalk outside the cabin and had just come in through a sliding glass door when I saw a tiny native American woman standing by the bed. Her head turned into a wolf and growled at me, then she simply vanished. In 1983 I was traveling across country in a 24' U-haul moving van towing a hatchback behind. I stopped for a toilet break at a rest stop near Deming, NM. I do not remember exiting the truck, but must have since my pants weren't wet. I clearly heard someone say my name and awoke to find myself many miles down the road winding down a mountain grade toward Ft. Stockton, TX. Perhaps an hour of time unaccounted for, I realized that I was in a long line of trucks and apparently was driving ok as no one was honking wildly or flashing their lights. I developed a serious nerve issue immediately afterward, though there was no visible injury. No satisfactory explanation has ever presented itself. In the house we're renting, all of the family has seen a tall white middle-aged man well dressed in 1960's business suit or occasionally in a formal suit. He seems to be sentient because if someone says "Hey, what are you doing?" he runs down the hall into thin air. There are also two spectral cats who visit the backyard and patio. They make them selves known by rubbing against visitors ankles like real living cats, then vanish when the subject looks down to pet them. My younger sister who has recently moved in is freaked out and wants to call some sort of ghost hunters, but I say leave them alone.
124562-9a0f64561489ee5fd95f53f0779c1fe2.jpg

Last edited:

JDUB

Nope. Don't believe in ghosts.

One in six American adults (16.7%) take some kind of psychiatric prescription drugs, so I have no doubt there are plenty of people that think they've seen a ghost.

Don't know if the Driskill is still around, but it used to be a major attraction of weird in Austin due to the late founder's cigar smoke floating around and "touching" by unseen entities.
The State Capitol building is also reportedly haunted by a former state comptroller and a lady in red.