• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I’m looking for some wraptail advice

jakeowen

stilwel

I don't have any experience with the Faber bridge.

I have 2 vintage wraptail Specials and have installed aged Mojoaxe CWT (Compensated Wrap Tail) bridges on both.
These are very popular because they work great and look right on an old guitar.

http://www.mojoaxe.com/

I'm also very curious about the Music City Bridge "Stud Finder".

http://musiccitybridge.com/

ScumbackSpeakers

I went with MojoAxe for my 53 LP GT. He was great to work with and the results were impeccable.

mustachio

Wow. Wish I heard of the stud finder before. But, yeah, I use Mojoaxe stuff too but with Tonepros lock8ng long studs on my SG special.

tonyj

Hi guys, I am looking at the Faber Tone Bar tail piece for my Gibson Special double cut. The one with the titanium bars.
https://www.faberusa.com/product/33...p-tailpiecebridge-gloss-nickel-titanium-bars/

My question is, do I also want the Tone Lock bolts to go with it?
https://www.faberusa.com/product/faber-tone-lock-inch/

Any other advice appreciated. This is my first guitar with this type of bridge, so if you have any experience upgrading, I’d be happy to listen. Thanks.

I would try Corsa Guitars. Larry is a distributor for FaberUSA and carries most of the FaberUSA products.

stilwel

That looks really interesting. Has anyone here tried one?

I haven't yet, but I plan on getting one in the next couple months.

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention with Bukovac and Joe Glaser being involved with it.

I don't have any real issues with my Mojoaxe bridges, but this one certainly has my attention.
That treble-side extension seems like it would work well to more tightly couple string vibration to the body through the bridge post.
My '74 Special (pictured below-right) has poor string alignment over the pickup pole pieces.
This bridge claims to address that as well.

10nutk9.jpg

thin sissy

I haven't yet, but I plan on getting one in the next couple months.

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention with Bukovac and Joe Glaser being involved with it.

I don't have any real issues with my Mojoaxe bridges, but this one certainly has my attention.
That treble-side extension seems like it would work well to more tightly couple string vibration to the body through the bridge post.
My '74 Special (pictured below-right) has poor string alignment over the pickup pole pieces.
This bridge claims to address that as well.
Yes, this is the first I've heard of it, and there seems to be very little info on the internet. I will probably get one in the next couple of months as well for my 57 Jr. I might get a Mojoaxe bridge too and see which I prefer.

If you do get one, a thread with your opinions would be great :) .

stilwel

I finally caved.

I have a Music City Bridge Stud Finder (that's a mouthful) on the way. Should be here Friday. I'll report back with how it compares against the Mojoaxe CWT on my '74 LP Special.

stilwel

MojoAxe string alignment on my '74 LP Special
Note how the ball ends are offset from the string path & pole pieces.
23vcieh.jpg

Music City Bridge string alignment on '74 LP Special
Note how strings align with pole pieces.
35kodhf.jpg

10mkmtv.jpg

Bridge leans a bit in the Mojoaxe posts, but I had the same problem with the Mojoaxe bridge.
2rnkavs.jpg

The lower profile of the MCB required me to raise the bridge studs a fair amount but once I got it up where it needed to be it setup easily and intonated just great.

I'm really happy with the purchase.

FWIW...I also have a Mojoaxe CWT on my '59 LP Special and it works great on that guitar. Strings are aligned with pole pieces just fine and it sits perfectly in the original bridge studs without any leaning. I'm planning to leave the Mojoaxe bridge on that guitar. If it ain't broke, don't break it.