• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The butler did it

P.Walker

I'm always dumbfounded by the necessity of such gadgets.

Proper stringing, a well made nut, proper stretching/tuning has always served me well whether it'd be strat tele lp.

Xpensive Wino

I'm always dumbfounded by the necessity of such gadgets.

Proper stringing, a well made nut, proper stretching/tuning has always served me well whether it'd be strat tele lp.

I have the same opinion, thanks to my techs' diligence and knowing how to properly stretch new strings.

Interesting solution though, for those who do experience difficulties.

That said, I would NEVER put something like that on one of my guitars.

renderit

I'm in awe at the dude using vise-grips on the gold nuts on the tuning pegs. Instead of the right tool. Really? Nice instructions dude! Way to show a new generation how to bugger a fine guitar! Moron...This village idiot job is getting too hard to maintain. The younger generation is upping the ante on moronity to unheard of levels...

mdubya

Oh, the vise grips made me cringe so bad. Run away as fast as you can. Never let that joker near your guitar. :bug:wah

El Gringo

Unbelievable dumb and stupid as I have ever seen in my life .His 355 or 356 has Grovers on it already and he wants to reinvent the wheel .Give me a break and vice grips is the best tools he has to use ? So he uses the vice gripes and gets all of those grooves into the post -real genius -not .

J.D.

Might help on something like a SG with Lyre trem if you're into dive bombs but IMHO not needed on a fixed bridge guitar.

+1 on the vise grips.